Whether you are a fabricator, hobbyist or welding professional; working with welding projects, it is essential to have a good MIG welder for your home, garage or shop. If you select the wrong welding machine, it can destroy your all efforts. So it not easy to choose the best MIG welder for your need.
However, how to pick the right welder for your work? You will get 110v, 120v, 220v machines in the market. What is right for you? We have selected the top best 110v/120v/220v MIG welders for your concern. It will save your time, money and energy. At the bottom of the article, you will get the buying guide for MIG welders.
Best 110v MIG Welder Reviews
Pro-Series MMIG125 125 Amp Fluxcore Welder Kit
- Welds all types of carbon steel
- For small to medium sized welding jobs around the home, garage, or farm
- Includes ground cable with clamp, welding gun, spool of flux cored wire, face shield and brush hammer
- Specifications: thermal overload protection amps: 80 (max 125), duty cycle 20-percent at80 amps, wire size: .030 - .035,
- 2 voltage settings, max metal thickness: 18 gauge / 3/16-Inch operates from standard 120v outlet
Are you searching a MIG welder for small and medium working projects? Then MMIG125 125amp Fluxcore Welder can be a good choice. The specially designed size of the welder allows it to work safely in small spaces. This welder machine is one the best 110v mig welder for home use.
This MIG welder allows to weld carbon metal, copper, stainless steel, aluminum, silicon bronze, nickel, magnesium and other alloys.
A duty cycle 20 percent at 80 amps defines that the welder can weld constantly for two minutes when cracked up to the maximum amperage prior to being cooled down.
This welder machine can weld mild steel up to 18 gauge to 3/16 inches in one pass. MMIG125 is equipped with a ground cable with a clamp, welding gun, brush hammer, flux cored wire and face shield. You can start welding after getting the unit in your hand.
If you want a good weld for your house, garage or farm’s projects, the Pro-series MMIG125 is a good choice.
- Easily Portable.
- Come with full welding accessories.
- Perfect for Beginner welder.
- Affordable price.
- Easy to set up and use.
- Limited to small and medium welding projects.
- 90 days Limited warranty (Need to buy an additional warranty from the manufacturer).
- Need expert skill to weld aluminum.
- Can’t use for the building structure.
Goplus MIG 130 Welder Review
- 【Household Smart Welder】compact and exquisite MIG gas welder, made of heavy duty stainless steel body, painted with durable yellow paints, ensure its long-last serving life-span.
- 【Flux-Cored Wire, No Gas Welder】uses convenient Flux-Cored wire, self release metal-inert gas while welding, prevent oxidation of the welded part.
- 【4 Levels Adjustable Welding Speed】features 4 levels of current flow settings, by adjusting the 4 buttons for MIN/MAX,1/2. Also features a wire feeding speed adjust rotary knob. 10 levels of wire feeding speeds for your choice.
- 【Portable Design & Wide Applications】it is perfect for welding normal thin steel and iron, perfect for home DIY and general repairing work. Mini size but also practical, it will obtain a professional finish in welding. Features a easy carrying handle, light weight, compact design, easy for translation and storage. Very convenient, can be used anywhere u need.
- 【Many Complimentary Necessities】two air-vent on the machine to help heat dissipation. The welding gun with full on / off safety control. Standard American triangle ground cord and automatic thermal safety protection. Comes with a reel of 0.9mm, 0.55lbs welding wire, a protection mask and a brush/Chipping Hammer.
If you want a simple and affordable welder, Goplus MIG 130 Flux Core Automatic Feed MIG welder is one of the recommend welder for you.This is one of the best flux core welder for the money.
Goplus MIG 130 Welder is portable and versatile welder that is capable of light welding job around the house or professional need. If you want to work with car body or thin welding process, this weld could be the best choice.
This machine comes with MIG gun, weld mask, brash and wire. So you can start welding instantly after receiving the Package. Simple and easily understandable instructions make this welder a great value.
The welder is 110V/60Hz including a 72.5 inches long power cord. The circuit breaker is 10A whereas the main fuse of the machine is 13A. The max opening voltage of the welder is 37v. And the welder can absorb 3.6v power with a maximum output of 15% when the machine runs at 105 amps.
This welder comes with 12 inches long handle that adds extra facility and flexibility to use in the welding process. Overall this a great machine for beginners and skilled welders.
- Easily handling affordable welding machine.
- Bullet Point 2
- 4 Temperature settings.
- Including a circuit breaker.
- Provided face mask is made of low grade plastic
- Limited warranty.
Lotos MIG140 140 Amp MIG Wire Welder Flux Core Welder
- ★ Aluminum Wire Feeder—The durable high quality aluminum wire feeder offers a much more stable and better welding experience.
- ★2T/4T—2T(Manual)/4T(Semi-auto) switch is now available; you can release your finger for long time welding job.
- ★ BUY WITH CONFIDENCE: We offer 30 days refund and a 3-YEARS Limited Warranty: include 1 Year NEW Replacement Warranty. ★ US BASED CUSTOMER CARE & SUPPORT TEAM: please feel free to contact us by phone or email, we always stand Back on Our Products. Please submit the registration form on our website.
- ★Rated Output--140-amp MIG welder; mild/stainless steel: 24 gauge - 3/16"; input voltage: 110/120v; it can be easily connected to your existing 110/120v wall outlet.
- ★Multi Use--Welding stainless steel, mild steel, aluminum (with a spool gun, not include in the package, need to purchase separate) and other metal materials.
If you are searching for a best 110v flux core welder, then you may keep Lotos Mig140 in your choice. The new upgrade Lotos MIG 140 features with a power output of 30A-140A. The welder can weld at industrial quality at an affordable price. 2T/4T switch and 2 digital displays are now added on Lotos MIG140 welder. These feature helps to adjust wire feeder speed and welding speed accurately.
The machine is connected to 110V power source and capable of setting up within 10 minutes or less time to use. The machine can weld stainless steel, aluminum, mild steel and other metals. The Lotos MIG 140 can weld stainless steel from 18 gauge to 3/16 inch, Mild steel from 18 gauge to 3/16 inch and aluminum metal can be welded up to 1/8 inch or less thin than 1/8 inch. The welding machine is secured with 4-inch or 8-inch wire spools.
You can use Lotos MIG 140 for DIY projects, Auto body welding, light professional project, small home projects etc. Oh yes, I just forget to mention that the Lotos MIG 140 is efficient to handle flux-cored weld. The new machine has a ground connector that makes it easily switch between “+” and “-”.
The machine is equipped with high quality aluminum wire feeder which makes it more stable and better user experience than other welders. This Welder is featured with transfer technology. Transfer technology offers more reliability and durability of the machine.
- Affordable Price.
- Light weight and portable.
- 30 Days money-back guarantee.
- 1-year limited warranty.
- Flux core welding
- Multiple uses.
- Gas cylinder is not included.
- Can’t be used with a generator.
Best 120V MIG welder Review
Forney Easy Weld 261, 140 FC-i Welder, 120V, Green
- EASY TO USE-140 FC-I MIG machine uses 0.30, flux core wire. It has infinite voltage and wire feed speed control so you can dial in the perfect weld! Perfect entry level welder
- POWERFUL- Up to 140 Amp output that allows you to weld mild steel up to 1/4 in plate
- PORTABLE WELDER- Lightweight 19 lbs. easily carried to any Do-It-Yourself, Maintenance, Repair, Metal Fabrication and Hobbyist project
- RUGGED- All metal case, Built to take the day to day. Big enough to handle 2 and 10 pound rolls of wire
- WELDER INCLUDES- 8' MIG gun, 8' ground clamp, Integrated handle with torch wrap and a 20A-15A adapter. Backed by a 12-month warranty
Are you tired of searching a small but durable welder machine? Then the new Forney 299 125FC Flux Core Welder is one of the best choices for your requirement.
Forney is an American largest metalworking product company. They have more than 80 years of experience in the metal industry, has introduced this Forney 299 125FC Flux core welder. It is easy to use and affordable to buy. That’s why if you are beginner then choosing this welder is a wise decision.
The welder runs without gas settings. So, the machine is only suitable for gasless flux core welding projects. The machine comes with plug and play option. It allows welding a quarter of an inch. Moreover, it has 10Ib capacity of the spool which makes it a versatile welder.
You have to plug the machine into 120v input power connection. The welder machine will provide you 125 amps output. So this welder is perfect for home and garage projects. The welder can weld from 24 gauge to 1/4inch thick metal.
- Affordable price range welder.
- Need less maintenance.
- Portable welding machine.
- 6 Months warranty.
- It has only two power settings.
- Provided MIG gun cord is a little short. (Need to purchase extra cord for long distance)
MIG Welder, Handheld, 120VAC By Lincoln
- Occupational Health & Safety
- Country of Manifacturer: Mexico
- Manufacturer: Lincoln Electric
- 50-500 IPM wire feed speed control
Are you searching for strong but portable MIG welder for you welding projects? Lincoln K2697-1 Handheld welder is suitable for your needs. The welder offers all of the advanced features that make it one of the best 120v MIG welders. It gives you the wire feed speed control range from 50 IPM to 500 IPM. The machine provides a full adjustable drive system that reduces the chance of wire tangle and crushing.
You can use the welder for flux core welding or gas shielded deep penetration on thicker materials like steel, stainless steel and aluminum. The brass gun connection is another advanced upgradation that increases productivity. The welder is able to weld mild steel from 24 gauge to 3/16-inch-thick and covers aluminum materials ranging from 22 gauge to 10 gauge.
This welding machine is perfect for small auto body workshops, home projects, garage works or rental shops. The machine can hold 10 pounds’ spool and capable for best with .030 wire, but you can change the wire if you need.
The machine is covered with a durable cast aluminum gearbox. That provides extra drive torque and tends to reduce the operating sound. The welding machine weighs 60 pounds which is a little bit heavy.
- Gas free flux core welding or gas-shielded MIG welding.
- 3 Years warranty.
- Two knob control system makes it easy to use.
- Perfect for small auto body works.
- Little bit heavy.
- Need extra gas cylinder while use in MIG weld.
- Don’t run with generators.
Everlast i-mig140e MIG welder
- IGBT INVERTER // CAST ALLOY DRIVER ROLLER // 135A/21V @ 35% Duty Cycle/40º C
- Spool Gun READY / Drive Roll wire size: .023”-.035” // Tweco Style Gun
- Stepless control of both the wire speed and voltage. No tapped settings
- Designed to be used with both 4" and 8" Wire Spools
- Standard drive rolls can feed .023"-.035" Wire diameter
If you are seeking a reliable, portable and powerful MIG welding machine then Ever Last i-MIG 140e will full fill your need. This Welder is equipped with all the advanced features that a MIG welder should have.
This welder is only 20lbs and small in size. This little weight and small size make it portable and easily move to work site. The welder allows a better duty cycle that is 35% which gives you 140 amps output. You can do your welding work quickly and without excessive effort with this welding machine.
You can use 4 inches or 8 inches spools on this machine. Standard drive rolls of the welder can feed .023 inch to .035inch wire diameter.
- Light weight portable MIG Welder.
- IGBT inverter makes it more durable.
- Support generators.
- Provides higher duty cycle.
- 5 years warranty.
- Not compatible with Miller tips.
- Not recommended for outdoor welding.
Best 220V MIG Welder Review
LOTOS MIG175 175AMP Mig Welder
- ★ Aluminum Wire Feeder--The durable high quality aluminum wire feeder offers a much more stable and better welding experience. ★Multi Use--Welding stainless steel, mild steel, aluminum (with a spool gun, already include in the package, no need to purchase separate) and other metal materials. ★Reliable and Durable-- Its transformer technology has been proven to be reliable and durable.
- ★Spool Gun Include-- High-speed MIG spool gun for aluminum welding, 10 feet 4 inches long, 4-prong end connection, 1lb aluminum wire with dia. 0. 9 millimeter included. Can welder 3/16" or thinner aluminum plate.
- ★BUY WITH CONFIDENCE: We offer 30 days refund and a 3-YEARS Limited Warranty: include 1 Year NEW Replacement Warranty. ★ US BASED CUSTOMER CARE & SUPPORT TEAM: please feel free to contact us by phone or email, we always stand Back on Our Products. Please submit the registration form on our website.
- ★Rated Output--175-amp MIG welder; mild/stainless steel: 18 Gauge – 1/4"; Aluminum: 3/16" or Thinner. Input voltage: 220/240V AC. ★Wire Range: . 025"-. 030" (0. 6-0. 8mm) Solid Steel; . 030"-. 035" (0. 8-0. 9mm) Flux Cored.
- ★What’s Include--MIG torch, Aluminum Spool Gun, Ground Clamp Cable, Gas Hose, Argon Regulator, .023” (0.6mm) & .035” (0.9mm) Contact Tips, lb Steel Wire. Wire range: 0. 025 in. - 0. 030 inches
People who are seeking an affordable, industrial grade and quality welder, Lotos MIG175 175Amp MIG welder is one of the best choices. This welder is a versatile welder which is featured with transfer technology. That technology made the welder reliable and durable.
You can connect this welder with our existing 220V power line. You can run the welding machine in 10 minutes after getting the package from the manufacturer. Because you will get MIG spool gun, MIG Torch, ground cable with clamp, argon hose, Argon regulator, cleaning wire brush and hand shield with the package.
This welding machine allows to weld stainless steel, Mild steel, Aluminum and materials. The machine can weld Mild steel or stainless steel from 18 gauge to ¼ inches. For aluminum materials welding capacity is up to 3/8 inch or thicker. Duty circle of the welder is 20% at 175 amps and 30% at 135 amps. You are capable of doing the job of maintenance, construction, farm/ranch, rental, home, and auto body with this welder easily.
It is equipped with a high-quality wire feeder which allows a more stable and better user experience than other welders. Two automatic circuits are used to protect the wire feeder motor of the welder.
The machine is also featured with overload protection to secure long operating life. You can handle 4 inch or 6-inch industrial-grade wire spool.
- Transfer technology make the welding machine durable and reliable.
- One-year warranty.
- Automatic protection circuits protect the wire feeder motor.
- Overload protection to secure long life.
- Heat settings are touchy.
Hobart Handler 500554001 190
- Welds 24 ga. to 5/16in. steel in single pass
- Powerful and Professional Results. Operates on 230V power
- 25 to 190 output amperage
- 7 voltage selections, enhanced magnetics and infinite wire feed speed control offers easier fine control of the output parameters for improved arc performance with less spatter
- 30% duty cycle @ 130 Amps.Open Circuit Voltage:31
The Hobart Handler 500554001 190 is a robust and sturdy welding machine with a range of features. Hobart Hander is an excellent machine for those who are looking for a powerful and efficient MIG Welder.
As it is equipped with a lot of features it can handle different types of job easily. It is suitable for a professional or a beginner. It can handle small jobs or medium projects or heavy-duty jobs.
This is a powerful wire-feed flux core and MIG welder that allows you to weld stainless steel, mild steel, aluminum and flux core. It can weld materials as thick as ranging from 24 gauge to 5/16 inch. No matter you are a hobbyist or a tradesman, you can deal your work with it.
The machine comes with 7 voltage selections and infinitive wire speed control that make it control over output settings. This is a perfectly versatile machine that can be used on auto body, light industrial work, household repairs, maintenance and construction work or even heavier farm and ranch projects that need more power. But you have to keep in mind that this welding machine is not designed for constant use or heavy duty industrial work.
A built in contractor system keep the welder cool until the welder go to start welding.
If you need a welder that can handle any simple welding jobs easily, you can choose simple but powerful Hobart Handler 500554001 190. This is best the MIG welder in the market.
- Long welding range.
- Can weld aluminum easily.
- Budget welding machine.
- Power is not run with normal household’s voltages.
Millermatic 211 Mig Welder
- Price For: Each Series: Millermatic 211 Aluminum - Material Thickness: 18 ga. to 3/8" Mild Steel - Material Thickness: 24 ga. to 3/8" Stainless Steel - Material Thickness: 20 ga. to 1/4" Hz: 60 Input Amps: 17
- Millermatic 211 MIG Welder with Advanced Auto-Set - 907614
- Includes: 10 ft. M-10 MIG Gun, 10 ft. Work Cable with Clamp, Built-In Gas Solenoid Valve, Dual Gauge Regulator with Gas Hose, Sample Spool of 0.030 in. Solid Wire, (2) 0.030 in. Contact Tips, (2) Hook-and-Loop Cord Wraps, Material Thickness Gauge Overall Width: 20-1/2 inch Standards: CSA Certified Overall Height: 12-1/2 inch
- Features: Advanced Auto-SetTM, Auto Spoolgun Detect, Smooth-StartTM, Angled Cast-Aluminum Drive System, Quick SelectTM Drive Roll, Thermal Overload Protection, Fan-on-Demand Phase: 1 Input Voltage: 240VAC Welded Material: Aluminum, Steel Output Range: 30 to 230A DC Welding Processes: MIG/Flux Core Portability: Handheld Portable Application: Maintenance, Repair, Auto/Cycle Shops, Farm and Ranch Jobs, Hobby Welding
If anyone who is working with welding profession, he should know the Miller brand welders. Miller provides quality welding machine and gear for a long time. If you are looking for a quality and robust welding machine that works smoothly, then Miller 211 welder is one the best 220v MIG Welder in your choice list.
Choosing the perfect Miller welding machine is a tough job. We have made it easy for you. This is a guide why we select the Millermatic 211 MIG Welder.
The Millermatic 211 is durable, user-friendly, perfect for beginner and skilled welders can also use it. You can easily carry the welding machine to remote the projects as the weight is only 38 pounds. It can be powered by generators.
It is designed to use in multi-voltage power connections that include 110V, 115V, 120V, 220V, 230V and 240V. It gives an awesome performance with output power ranging from 30A to 230A. You will get 40% duty circle at 150A. This welding machine is capable of welding stainless steel, mild steel and aluminum smoothly. The welding range for stainless steel materials is from 20 gauge to ¼ inch thickness, for aluminum the welding range is 18 gauge to 3/8-inch thickness and for mild steel the welding range is 24 gauge to 3/8-inch thickness.
You can use the MIG welder in various applications. This welding machine is widely used in the auto body, light fabrication, maintenance and repair jobs, farm or ranch project, home & garage jobs. With MIG welding, this machine is capable of flux cored welding.
The tool is equipped with advanced Auto Set features which allow you to set wire diameter that automatically fixes the wire speed and bottom knob. This is a great feature that doesn’t need to any guesswork.
It is featured thermal overload protection which shuts down the machine in an overheating situation and activates the over-temperature light if the duty cycle is exceeded or airflow is blocked. When the machine cool down, it resets automatically.
- The Welding machine is powerful, durable and reliable.
- Multifunctional welding machine that is capable of both MIG and flux-cored welding.
- Thermal overload protection to cool down the machine.
- Can use in multi-voltage power connections.
- An expensive welding machine.
- The belt in the fan is not up to the standard level.
Pre-Purchase Considerations For A Best MIG Welder
Input and Output Of A Welder
If you work in the home for small projects like joining thin iron or aluminum sheets with a MIG welder. That time you need a 115v welder with 140A power output. Well if you work with thick materials that time this 115V-140A is not sufficient. You may need 220V welder with an output of 180A.
If you work with different types of sample, it is best to choose a welder that allows multi-voltage option. It gives you the opportunity to adjust power level from 120v-230v. So choose it as your required demands. Technology has changed, you can also buy an advanced model. That allows to set the power automatically.
Welding Duty Cycle
Welding duty cycle is another area that you need to be aware of, particularly if you are shopping around looking at buying a MIG welder.
Duty cycle is a measurement of how long you can weld for before the machine will stop from overheating. All machines will have a duty cycle rating in a percentage format. Usually, this is taken over a ten minutes time period, although some machines are rated using a five minutes time scale.
This can give you false duty cycle ratings if you are comparing two machines if one is on a ten minutes time frame and on is on a five minutes time frame.
Portability Or Not
Usually MIG welding machines are heavy-weight and big size. You may be reluctant to buy such gigantic and heavyweight machines. But keep in your mind that portability degrades the performance of MIG welding.
The next thing that we have to consider, is power. The power of the welder must be proper to work with different types of materials. For choosing the power we need to consider the thickness of the materials we deal with. So you have to find the welder that can deal with enough thickness.
Wire feed speed determines how fast and accurately welding can be executed. So, wire feed speed is an important factor in selecting a MIG welder. You will find many welders that come with different wire feed speeds. You have to choose a welder according to your need. We recommend choosing a welder that comes with a wide range of wire feed speeds.
The MIG welding gun or torch is what makes a MIG welder in MIG. It serves these specific essential purposes. Like
It feeds the wire to the weld.
It delivers the electrical current to the weld.
It delivers the gas to the weld.
It insulates the operator from the electrical arc.
The biggest benefit is that it lets you weld continuously, compared to arc or stick where you have to stop and replace electrodes all the time.
There is nothing worse than having to stop to change rods all the time, especially when you’re in an awkward position.
A best MIG welder comes with built-in maximum safety feature to protect you from different welding hazards. Thermal overload protection protects the machine from overheating. This will extend your machine’s life cycle. Belt in contactor feature keeps the welder’s wire cold until the trigger is pulled.
Home user doesn’t need to get a training certificate. Let you have brought a welding machine but you can’t use it properly due to it’s complex functionality. Then the machine will carry little value to you. So, it is important to get a user friendly welding machine.
As there are few types of MIG welders depending upon voltage like 110v, 120v, 220v etc. So it is important to get the best 110v/ 120v/ 220v MIG welders that you need for your required work.
To find a suitable MIG welder, first of all, you need to evaluate your skill, frequency of use, input power connection and budget. Then know about welder’s technical details as per your requirement like duty cycle, wire speed, the Output power of the machine.