If you are among the people who are looking for the best 6.5 inch car speakers, then you are on the right place. This entire review will help you find the most reliable, as well as the reasonable ones on the market, which have been rated by actual customers on the different marketplace.
Besides the 6.5 car speaker reviews, you will also learn a lot about the technical language and terms used in the field, such as a woofer, bass, components, and coaxial as these terminologies tend to become quite confusing for many people. Hence, this article has simplified such technological lingo.
Indeed, equipping yourself with as much information as possible will give you the edge and advantage of finding the right speakers to serve your needs and preferences. In one way or the other, the buying guide section will likewise educate you about other essential components, related to car speakers. So, without so much ado, here are the top-rated 6.5 speaker reviews for cars.
|6.5" Three-Way Sound Speaker System - 180 W RMS/360W Power Handling w/ 4 Ohm Impedance and 3/4''...||$33.99||Buy on Amazon|
Best 6.5 Car Speaker Reviews
1. Pyle PL63BL 3-Way Speakers
- 180W RMS AND 360W PEAK: This 6” x 5” car speaker can provide up to 180 watts RMS or 360 watts peak power because it is a 20 oz magnet structure. A pair of 6” x 5” 180-watt speakers - carrying both the high and low end for a fuller range sound.Impedance: 1 ohm.Speaker size:6.5 inches
- TRIAXIAL SPEAKER SYSTEMS: The 6.5-inch woofer features an eye-catching blue poly injection cone for plenty of stiffness without added weight. The 1-inch ASV voice coil is ready for high-temperature, high-wattage situations
- LOW IMPEDANCE: Pyle 4 ohm component audio speaker compensates the undersized wire found in many of today’s cars. It also makes the most of every 360 watts your car stereo can deliver. Includes grills, wires and mounting hardware
- MIDRANGE TWEETER: Pyle pro-three-way sound speaker system has a one-inch neodymium film dome midrange and 3/4-inch piezo tweeter that completes the package. It helps to provide smooth, loud and detailed sound in each pair
- VOICE COIL: Our voice coils are able to withstand high temperatures yet maintain its strength and fatigue properties giving them the advantage of longer play times with lower weights, ensuring low distortion and providing an open sound stage
On the other hand, the Pyle PL63BL 3-Way Speakers garnered a 3.8-Star average rating on Amazon. Also coming in pairs, these 3-way speakers are Pyle’s Blue Label version, which do not only sound great, but they also look great. Everyone can feast their eyes on the impressive and attractive blue curves of the Pyle PL63BL speakers.
These high-quality car speakers are a great replacement for the factory-installed systems, allowing you to hear the huge difference instantly. A pair of round 360 watts, 6.5-inch 3-way speakers is included in the package, carrying the low end, mid, and high end for a more complete range sound.
You will also find non-fatiguing butyl rubber surrounds, which keep the speakers secure, while extending the lifespan of the equipment, considering the durability and versatility of the rubber material. There is a one-inch high-temp ASV voice coil that tends to offer the richest sound, while offering an open sound stage and ensuring low distortion at the same time.
Besides the grand-looking blue poly injection cone, this design also allows for the music to resonate with optimum power. Additionally, the Pyle PL63BL boasts a 20-ounce magnet structure, a 1-inch neodymium film dome midrange, plus a ¾-inch Piezo tweeter, which power the speakers, while allowing frequency response of 100 Hz to 20 kHz. The package also includes grills, necessary wires, and mounting hardware.
Hence, Pyle is a trusted provider of quality sound and optimal performance at a reasonable price tag. Overall, the attractive poly injection cone of the Pyle PL63BL continually captivates a lot of consumers, not to mention the lightweight, yet durable construction, making this equipment as the best car audio speakers for many enthusiasts.
2. BOSS AUDIO Chaos Exxtreme Full Range Speakers
- Cone - Made from Polyurethane, The CH6520 6. 5 inch car speakers provide a resilient and durable material that can offer great sound with the advantage of long lasting speakers
- Voice Coil - Our voice coils are able to withstand high temperatures yet maintain tts strength and fatigue properties. Making our voice coils with this material, gives our speakers the advantage of longer play times with lower weights
- Surround - Rubber has the ability to endure much punishment without any sign of damage. It complements the whole structure of the speaker by allowing constant abuse where it is most needed, without the wear and tear
- Tweeter - A Piezoelectric tweeter is more resistant to overloads and can be used without a crossover due to its electrical property
- Specs - Impedance: 4 Ohms, Frequency: 100 Hz to 18 kHz, Sensitivity: 90 dB, Dimensions: 6.5” x 6.5” x 2.5”, Mounting Depth: 2.13”, Mounting hole: 5.47”, Weight: 2.8 Lbs. (Pair)
The last item, but definitely not the least when it comes to the best sounding 6.5 car speakers are the BOSS AUDIO Chaos Exxtreme Full Range Speakers. Procuring an average of 3.9-Stars as rating, these speakers boast a poly injection cone that ensures flexibility and resiliency.
BOSS AUDIO recognizes the importance of constancy and stability with regards to audio equipment; thereby, making sure that they only use the most durable materials throughout their construction and production. On that note, the Chaos Exxtreme has been derived from ‘Polyurethane’ substance, which is also categorized as polymer that is a reliable alternative to cotton, rubber, paint, metal or wood, and is used in different applications and industries.
The durability is attributed to its fiberglass-like property, while having a squishy-like foam quality. It also offers protection like varnish, and bouncy like rubber too. The foam surrounds used in these good speakers for car can last up to 16 years. While the new foam formula lasts longer, the construction also allows for large excursion in relation to the speaker drivers.
Meanwhile, these speakers feature aluminum voice coil that can withstand high temperature strength and heavy duty playtime, despite lower weight or higher operating temperatures. The Mylar tweeters reflect a more modern edge over the counterparts and rivals on the market.
These high-tech designed tweeters have better ability for variances of sound modifications and even channel handling. The BOSS AUDIO Chaos Exxtreme Full Range Speakers have 250 watts peak power and 125 watts RMS power handling with 90 dB sensitivity, and frequency response of 100 Hz to 18 kHz.
3. Kicker DS65 6.5″ Coaxial Speakers
Kicker introduces the DS65 6.5-inch Coax Speakers with an average rating of 4.6-Stars. These 200 watt 4 ohm speakers are 2-way with easy installation as they are drop-in factory upgrades, making them very flexible to fit in any car’s doors. These 6.5 coaxial speakers promise to offer the precise high and middle frequencies that extremely define a great-sounding system.
The Extended Voice Coil (EVCT) technology is used in the woofers, including a sturdy motor structure, which are not found in factory-installed speakers. These designs tend to create remarkable performances, combined with an ultra-clean bass. Bearing polypropylene cones, plus ribbed and UV-treated surrounds, these speakers allow for accurate linear excursions as well as optimum sound.
They also feature a half-inch, titanium, balanced-domed and polyetherimide tweeters that supply exceptional definition. Hence, Kicker is confident enough with regards to the speakers’ reliability and quality.
Based on car speakers reviews, the Kicker DS65 6.5″ Coaxial Speakers are described as amazing products as all frequencies are present and pronounced. Taking a lot of power, these speakers still handle very well, even without a subwoofer addition. According to actual users, the speakers’ sound satisfies them, making the products great door speakers without a doubt.
All in all, these speakers are great replacements for factory-installed equipment and great addition to the front door of any car. They allow for a huge difference, obtaining a great response when the bass is up on the head unit. Many of the users say that these are the best car speakers to shake any ride, adding fullness to the entire audio system.
4. Polk Audio DB651 Marine Certified Car Speakers
Next up is the DB651 Marine Certified Car Speakers from Polk Audio. Garnering an average rating of 4.5-Satrs, these 6.5 speakers a feature liquid cooled silk tweeter like no other. This revolutionary model makes use of cutting-edge technology in order to produce music accurately.
Found in these speakers are clear-cut balance of materials, such as the silk/polymer dome tweeter, combined with the Mica cone woofer that enable smooth roll-off as well as quick response, regardless of the volume. The Polk Audio DB651 could be the best 6.5 speakers today, considering the rubber surround, which improves the bass response, while increasing the speakers’ lifetime under extreme conditions.
Apparently, these speakers are marine-certified, so it is no surprise that they offer optimal versatility, making them ideal for different applications. These high-efficiency loudspeakers require less power for a similar quality output. With the revamped db Series, you are assured that these speakers deliver that much-deserved Polk Audio performance, alongside durability that is not found in traditional counterparts.
The high-efficiency design also means more volume and better sound with less power. These speakers have been engineered to drop into different applications instantly. Making use of advanced materials, these 6.5 car speakers reduce component weight without compromising reliability and high performance.
In short, the Polk Audio DB651 Marine Certified Car Speakers do not only offer sleek look, but also a trusty functioning that will blow anyone away, whether they are powered by factory-installed electronics or aftermarket head units.
5. JBL GTO638 3-Way Speakers
Meanwhile, the JBL GTO638 3-Way Speakers receive a 4.3-Star average rating from its customers on Amazon. Coming in pair, these 6.5 in speakers allow you to hit the road with huge, rich, and detailed sound, which basically makes the JBL famous among other brands.
These speakers make use of the Plus One® woofer cone, which is a serious bass, combined with the edge-driven Mylar-Titanium super tweeter that creates extended high frequencies similar to the dependable home audio speakers. This particular model from JBL has paid more attention to its features, making it a game-changer within its class.
The patented Plus One® woofer cone is lightweight, yet exceptionally stiff, providing up to 25% more surface area than the counterparts. These speakers are highly capable of delivering an audible increase in bass efficacy and output. Additionally, these top car speakers have high-bandwidth and edge-driven textile-dome tweeter, including a large voice coil similar to high-end home loudspeakers.
The proprietary My-Ti blend tolerates greater power handling, seamless woofer integration, and extended high frequencies. The built-in crossover network delivers true sound through the advanced low-pass and high-pass filters. Therefore, the JBL GTO638 speakers produce a smooth transition between the tweeter and the woofer, resulting in midrange vocals that sound lifelike and natural.
Best of all, the JBL GTO638 3-Way Speakers offer an Intermount III system, that makes the installation very easy and effortless. Included are installation rings that can fit into the factory-provided installation locations with varied sizes between 6 and 6-3/4 inches; thereby, simplifying the aftermarket speaker replacement.
These could be the best 6.5 inch speakers for you with tool-free installation, bass that booms, true 4 ohm topology, rubber surrounds, and high-quality tweeter.
6.5 Car Speaker Buying Guide
Car speaker reviews are undoubtedly helpful if you are a potential buyer of car speakers and related systems. The usual reviews also include testimonials from actual users, giving you an idea of their first-hand experiences with such products. However, these articles may not be sufficient for some consumers in order to arrive at the final choice.
Fortunately, this buying guide section of the article will provide you with more in-depth information about the featured products in this review. The topics include the types of car speakers, the major factors to consider when shopping for such item, and many more.
Choosing the Best 6.5 Speakers
Choosing the best speakers for car is really a daunting task, especially for first-time purchasers. That is why, product and customer cristicisms such as this article is very important, equipping you with accurate knowledge about such gear.
Previously, and even today, car speakers are sold in a wide array of sizes and shapes. The sound quality differs from one another, based on their sizes as well. The bass in a 10-inch speaker, for instance, is always better than the one-inch type.The models should be chosen thoroughly, according to the specific mold and make of the vehicle, ensuring that such audio equipment will fit right in. When it comes to the wide selections, the 6.5 speakers come on top as they shape virtually all car sizes. These types and sizes are typically Plug-and-Play, allowing for utmost convenience.
Other sizes also include the 6×8 and 6×9 speakers, which usually require some modifications in the car and added tools throughout their installations. Most of these apparatuses are also heavier than the 6.5 counterparts.
There is a set of standards that many punters use when shopping for a certain product or device on the market. The same goes when choosing for the best 6.5 speaker, allowing you to compare between the available commodities. With regards to these speakers, the following are the worth-considering features.
- Frequency Range – The frequency range is basically the sound frequencies that the speakers are capable of emitting. It is said that a wider frequency range is always better as better tuning is allowed for.
- Power Handling – Another thing to consider is the power handling capability of the speakers. It is basically the amount of power necessary in running the equipment. It is also the indication of the speakers’ limit as going beyond that capability might destroy the speakers or the entire audio system. The power rating is indicated by peak to peak and RMS. And, referring to the featured products, each of the items has varying power handling capacities, ranging from 250 watts to 300 watts.
- Sensitivity – The sensitivity of the best 6.5 coaxial speakers also varies from one model to the other. The amount of sound that a speaker can produce is referred to as sensitivity. It is said that speakers with higher sensitivity require lesser power.
- Woofer – Moreover, the speaker’s overall quality is determined by the quality of materials used and the responsiveness of the speaker. Propylene is used when it comes to maximum speakers, although the standard level woofer material must be lightweight, yet stiff, allowing for the best results. Apparently, the woofer is the main factor that makes the best speaker for bass because such aspect essentially provides great bass quality.
- Crossovers – An external crossover for the speaker is crucial in order to prevent signal distortion, which is usually caused by inefficient crossover wiring.
Component Versus Full Range
It is also pertinent to keep in mind that you have two basic choices when it comes to the best 6.5 speaker. The two choices include the component speakers and the full range counterparts. While both types serve a similar purpose, they are immensely different from one another.
Component speakers are much preferred by people who want to obtain better sound quality, although a diligent research work might be necessary in order to get the best equipment. When dealing with those, you might need a different speaker for every frequency range. Meanwhile, woofers are designed for the lowest frequency, and tweeters for the highest. Mid-range speakers, on the other hand, are compatible with almost everything in the middle.
Consequently, full range speakers, also called as coaxial speakers are created in order to handle a wide array of frequencies. Having these types of speakers tends to eliminate the need for different or multiple speakers. They are said to be the more convenient choice over the component speakers, enabling you to assemble your speaker system faster.
Other Car Speaker Components
Other car speaker components worthy of taking note of include the mid-range speakers, which generate the mid-level frequencies between 300 Hz and 5000 Hz. Midrange speakers are sometimes called the ‘squawker’. The Tweeters, on the other hand, create higher frequencies, ranging from 2000 Hz – 20,000 Hz and are typically made of plasma, ion, horn, silicone, and so on.
Finally, an amplifier could be an integral part of the audio system. This component tends to boost the electrical signal, while giving the speakers a high sound level. Some speakers are incapable of playing without an amplifier. All in all, amplifiers exhibit better bass, higher sound quality, and louder performance.
In a nutshell, the above-mentioned information and product reviews will help you make an abreast decision later on, giving you the opportunities and choices of finding the best 6.5 speakers that will serve your personal needs and preferences. It is crucial to keep in mind the specifics provided in the buying guide section, considering them as tips as you shop for speakers.
Nonetheless, you will surely enjoy an unmatched listening experience that each product claims, in view of the satisfied and happy customers who share their personal experiences with such items. So, why should you not be happy too with these best 6.5 car speaker systems?