Baseboard heaters work well in controlling the temperature in the house and are usually found in most houses and buildings. The best baseboard heater can make the whole building comfortable and leave no places behind. With the best baseboard heaters, it’s also much easier to set the temperature in certain areas of the building. This is why you usually see these heaters installed in every room of a building.
If you are looking to buy your first baseboard heater, you might want to read on for some of the best ones being sold today.
Best Baseboard Heater Reviews
1. CADET 9954 Baseboard Heater 1000W
- Portable Design: Move this baseboard heater to any spot in need of extra heat The 120 volt plug will work in almost any room, and its low profile design will blend into any decor
- Fanless Operation: Natural convection moves the heat throughout the room, which means evenly distributed heat with no loud fans or clicking noises
- Safety Features: For worry-free warmth, the unit's overheat protection feature prevents the heater from running when its air intake is blocked, and the linear high-temperature safety cutout will automatically shut off unit in event of air blockage
- Cleaner Heat: Using convection heat keeps allergens, dust, and bacteria from blowing around the room
- Perfect Size: This unit measures 45 inches long, 6 inches wide, and 7.5 inches high
Make sure to stay safe and warm wherever you are in your home with the Cadet 9954 Baseboard Heater. This is an electric baseboard heater that works tremendously with small and large areas. If you are looking for the best baseboard heaters to supply continuous heat in specific places of the house, this is what you are looking for.
The design is great with its white color and powder-coated finish so you won’t have any problems with it blending in with your interior decoration. Although it’s quite big and noticeable, you’d find that it can add some style to the room.
The Cadet 9554 was built with high-quality, 25 gauge material, and powder coated finish so it’s sure to be reliable. It was designed with a junction box made with high-quality steel and a ground for your protection. This product does its job very well and is recommended for any type of room that needs some heating up.
It’s good to remember that this product requires for you to have a thermostat to function. Another good point is that it has a UL listed heater for your security. If you are looking for a reliable, safe and high-performing heater, this is the one for you. It’s made in the USA and is a great addition to any room.
2. Fahrenheat Dual Wattage Electric Baseboard Heater FBE15002, 1500/1000-watt 5120 BTU
- Powerful: At 1000/750 Watts and 240/208 Volts, this baseboard heater provides powerful heat to small to medium-sized rooms.
- Simple: Universal wiring and pre-punched knockouts at 1-inch intervals make floor or wall mount installation easy and low cost.
- Safe: The electric baseboard heater includes a high-temperature safety shutoff feature to keep your home and family out of harm's way.
- Contents: Includes one Cadet F Series 48" Electric Baseboard Heater without a thermostat in white.
- Durable: Enjoy lasting service with a limited lifetime warranty.
This can easily pass as the best baseboard heaters when it comes to its design and the materials used to make it. The design includes some high impact Lexan side panels that have some built-in handles. You don’t have to worry about the Fahrenheat FBE15002 baseboard heater not blending in with your house décor because of its beautiful chimney fin design fits any room.
It features a built-in thermostat that includes a power light that you can use during low light or emergencies. Not only does it look stylish, it’s also important to know that this baseboard heater is energy-efficient because of its 120V during operations.
This heater will surely keep you feeling warm and comfortable during winter. It is also a great choice to buy for your first apartment’s heater because it was made with strong materials that are sure to last a lifetime. Compared to other heaters available today, the price of the Fahrenheat FBE15002 baseboard heater is quite low.
With its price, along with it’s being very energy efficient, you are sure to save money by buying this heater. Great for providing continuous heat in small to large rooms, this is a great choice for anyone who wants a great value for their money.
3. Lasko Low Profile Room Heater 5624
- Natural Convection Heat - or radiant heat, gives this electric space heater the ability to circulate heat silently throughout the room. This makes the heater ideal for the bedroom and around the house.
- Adjustable Thermostat - allows you to adjust the heater's 1500 watt ceramic heating element. With digital temperature settings you can select the temperature you desire. The thermostat can be set in Celsius or Fahrenheit.
- Built-in Timer - can be programmed from 1 hour to 8 hours. Simply press the timer button on the digital control panel to easily program the timer in 1 hour intervals. Once the timer is set the heater will automatically shut off after the programmed time.
- Built-in Safety Features - overheat protection ensures the space heater does not overheat even if left on for an extended amount of time. While a tip-over switch automatically turns off the heater if knocked over.
- Fully Assembled - allows you to take the heater out of the box and have it working in minutes. Simply plug the heater into a wall outlet, adjust the thermostat, and enjoy the warmth from your new Lasko space heater.
If you want a baseboard heater that is low profile and very quiet, Lasko 5624 is what you are looking for. This convectional heater allows warm air silently in the room. It’s neutral black color and design along with a digital display looks very well when installed in any room.
It features an adjustable thermostat and a timer that helps you control the temperature in the room almost instantly. This is also the best baseboard heaters available today when it comes to safety features with its safety switch and automatic protection from overheating. This lightweight, portable baseboard heater is known to supply gradual heat in a room without needing a fan which makes them quiet.
A quiet baseboard heater is great for libraries and places where you need total focus on what you are doing. Although it takes a longer time to heat up a room using a conventional heater, it is able to continuously supply heat in the room once it reaches the right temperature.
Most baseboard heaters come in white color; however, the unique black color gives this heater an edge. Made with high-quality materials, you are sure never to make a mistake with this heater. It’s always good to choose a product with great features and quality performance and the Lakso 5624 brings it all.<
4. King 1000-Watt 120-Volt 4-Foot Baseboard Heater 4K1210BW
- Not a plug-in model, heater safely hard-wires for 1000W at 120V
- Aluminum Ribbon Fin Element
- Full Length Safety Cutout
- Crushproof Element
- Natural Convection Heat
Anyone wants to buy a baseboard heater that is cheap and has low maintenance but it’s not very easy to find one. However, the search is over for you because the best baseboard heaters are here with the King 4K1210BW 4 foot baseboard heater.
This heater was built with a back cable design making it look unique and very organized. It also has built-in wire clamps that make it easier for you to manage the wires—perfect for people who hates messy wires. You should not be worried about damaging this baseboard heater because it’s made with crushproof material for strength and durability.
Since no one really enjoys regular maintenance, being low maintenance is one of the best features of this heater. This baseboard heater features a full-length safety cutout for your protection so you don’t have to worry about overheating. When it comes to its design, the Electrical King baseboard heater is offered in two colors; almond and bright white.
No matter what kind of interior décor you have in the room, you are sure to fit either of the two available colors in. Its baked enamel finish also adds to its stylish nature which makes it even more attractive to buyers. Beautiful, high performing, cheap and low maintenance, and this baseboard heater seem to have it all.
5. Marley Qmark Electric/Hydronic Baseboard Heater HBB750
- Heat your space without kicking up dust or other allergens. The natural convection airflow doesn't rely on a blower or fan to move warm air throughout the room.
- Hydronic baseboards put out smooth, steady warmth without large temperature swings. Their sealed-tube heating element heats up quickly and stays that way, for a more stable room climate.
- Even after the thermostat turns off, this unit continues heating the room, thanks to its fluid-immersed heating element that better retains warmth to keep your room cozy for longer.
- This convection heater starts up and stops without the disruptive popping or pinging sounds given off by traditional baseboard models.
- For maximum efficiency, the unit converts all incoming electric energy into heat, according to Department of Energy standards.
This is a great baseboard heater that utilizes hydronic and electric elements to function. It’s the best baseboard heaters that perform very well in heating up a room using its conventional air flow. With its genius design, the room that this heater is installed in remains warm even after you turn off the thermostat.
This is made possible by the heat retention feature that the Marley HBB750 was built with. Customization is such an important thing nowadays and this heater allows you to buy accessories from a wide range of choices. This way, you can finally have a heater that was designed by you with features that you like.
If you are still not convinced that this is the best baseboard heater of today, you should also check out its attractive design. It easily blends in with any part of the house because of its clean color and sleek appearance. Not only do you get a beautiful baseboard heater, you also save a lot of money because it is energy efficient.
This is thanks to the big reserve which maximizes the amount of storage fluid that creates heat. The big reservoir allows the user to extend the thermal effect of the whole heater. Take advantage of this great heater and buy one today.
The Best Baseboard Heater Buying Guide
What Are Baseboard Heaters?
The best and most convenient way to warm up your house is to buy an electric baseboard heater that can do the job for you. They are made with a low profile and small design that allows them to blend in into your interior decoration. These baseboard heaters are mostly mounted to the wall but there are also portable, standing heaters as well.
A typical baseboard heater is made with a metal casing and is enclosed by aluminum fins to help deliver heat into the room. It uses the convection process which works by sucking up the cold air in the room into the lower part of the heater.
The cold air that came from the outside is warmed inside the heater and is released at the upper vents and is brought back into the room. It’s good to know that this is only the basic system of how baseboard heaters work. Remember that some baseboard heaters also use other elements to radiate heat.
If you are starting out with a new apartment and you need a heater to warm up your room, you’d better consider getting a baseboard heater because it’s a great choice for energy efficiency, low maintenance, great performance and low profile design.
Benefits of having an Electric Baseboard Heater
- It’s very cost effective – This kind of heater is known to be simple and inexpensive compared to installing a central heating system. If you choose baseboard heaters, you don’t need to spend on other materials such as furnaces and pipe works. Saving more money is always a great thing for any person which makes baseboard heater a great choice.
- Get lower energy bills – With baseboard heaters, you are allowed to choose your desired temperature then let it cycle on and off. This lets you maintain the temperature in the room on that level which is great for the people in the house. Heating up just one part of the house is also good for saving energy. Because of this, you are bound to save electricity and generate low energy bills.
- It has a really quiet operation – Another great thing about baseboard heaters is that it operates in a very quiet fashion. This is good for areas of the house where total focus is needed like the library or home office. The quiet operation is made possible b the use of the convection process to provide heat into the room. The convection process does not need a fan which adds to its quiet feature.
- Easy installation – Compared to a centralized heating system, installing baseboard heaters in different parts of the room is simpler and easier. With baseboard heaters, you no longer have to tap into the building’s air ducts to make sure that there is enough heat in every room. Baseboard heaters are made to be installed in every room, hallway or area to generate enough heat to make you feel comfortable.
- It’s very safe to use – You should know that using baseboard heaters in your home is very safe. They are also made with some safety features like the thermal shutdown feature. This works by shutting down the system when it starts showing signs of overheating. After the high temperature has subsided, the system will turn back on.
- Low maintenance – This is one of the best parts of having a baseboard heater in your home as no one really likes to perform regular maintenance. These heaters don’t really have any parts that move inside them making them low maintenance. You only need to dust off the heater once in a while to make sure dust doesn’t get stuck inside.
Tips on Installing a Baseboard Heater
- You have to ensure that you purchase the correct heater than can provide the temperature that you need in your room. This is done by checking the size of the room where you are installing the electric heater and checking the specifications of the heater you are going to purchase if it is capable of warming it up.
- Choose the best spot in the area where you don’t have any obstructions. You can also avoid installing the electric heater near the curtains or any type of furniture that causes the hazard. Keeping the heater away from all kinds of flammable items is also good for security.
- Check if you have an electricity supply that is efficient enough to power the heater continuously. Plugging a heater into a power outlet that has insufficient energy may cause damage to other appliances in the house.
- After finding a good spot to install the heater, make sure that the place is strong enough to support the heater while it operates. Make sure that it won’t fall off, or come out of the location. It is suggested that you fix electric heaters into brick walls or any other sturdy materials around the house.
- Make sure that you place the heater in a higher ground so you don’t cause any injury to anyone. You also need to make sure that you place it away from all kinds of electrical devices like lights or vents. Another important thing is to check the correct voltage of you electricity system when you are working on the wiring of the heater.
- Check to make sure that the heater’s voltage matches the power outlet that you have allotted for it. This is easily overlooked but is important to avoid power shortage.
- There should be an instruction manual that comes with the electric heater. You need to check this manual and follow the installation tips step by step. If you think it’s too hard for you to install the heater on your own, it’s always better to hire a professional to do it for you. It might cost you some money but it also means that you have the peace of mind that you won’t have problems with it.
In general, a baseboard heater is great to use for any building or apartment because of its great features and cost-effectiveness. They are also made with some safety features like the thermal shutdown feature. This works by shutting down the system when it starts showing signs of overheating.
After the high temperature has subsided, the system will turn back on. These heaters don’t really have any parts that move inside them making them low maintenance.
You only need to dust off the heater once in a while to make sure dust doesn’t get stuck inside. Heating up just one part of the house is also good for saving energy. Because of this, you are bound to save electricity and generate low energy bills—who wouldn’t love that?
A low energy bill means you can spend your money on other things and enjoy life more. The best baseboard heaters are made with a low profile and small design that allows them to blend in into your interior decoration.
Baseboard heaters are mostly mounted to the wall but there are also portable, standing heaters as well. A typical baseboard heater is made with a metal casing and is enclosed by aluminum fins to help deliver heat into the room. It uses the convection process which works by sucking up the cold air in the room into the lower part of the heater.
This air is warmed inside the heater and is released at the upper vents and is brought back into the room. The Lakso 5624 is one of the best baseboard heaters available today because of its quiet nature and low profile design.