The head is one of the most sensitive parts of the human body. As a motorcycle rider, you want to protect your head from injuries the most. Safety is one of the main priorities when it comes to motorcycle riding, so you need to make sure that you have full gear on when you ride. Just like any other sport, helmets give you protection for your head. There are many types of helmets to choose from today; however, Bluetooth motorcycle helmets are gaining popularity.
As technology advances, so does motorcycle equipment. The best Bluetooth motorcycle helmets offer the rider security, functionality, and comfort.
If you’re wondering if these helmets are useful, you need to consider the hours that you spend riding a motorcycle during long trips. During these trips, the best Bluetooth motorcycle helmet can serve as entertainment by connecting it to your smartphone and playing music. It can be paired with your GPS device to give you turn-by-turn directions as you go.
Best Bluetooth Motorcycle Helmet Reviews
1. BILT Techno Full-Face Helmet
This is one of the best Bluetooth motorcycle helmets in the market today. BILT is one of the leading motorcycle equipment manufacturers and is known for its quality products. According to them, this helmet is one of their most technologically advanced as of yet. This passed the DOT standards and is equipped with a chin deflector that features a double D-ring for safer fastening.
The BILT Techno Full-Face Helmet’s shell is made from high-tech injection of polycarbonate finished with lacquer metallic or flat matte for style. It also has a drop-down tinted sun shield to protect your eyes from all kinds of glare when riding during the day.
READ: Best Motorcycle Backpack Reviews
The ventilation system for this motorcycle helmet is very well designed. The airflow cycles through the vents around the chin mount and the mesh exhaust located at the back of the helmet. If you are looking for maximum head protection, this is the helmet for you. Most riders who went through accidents while using this helmet claim that it saved their lives.
When it comes to connectivity, the BILT Techno Full-Face Helmet has it all. It has the ability to sync with other devices that are Bluetooth-enabled. If one of your co-riders has the same helmet, you can use it for private communication during the ride. The helmet can be used for phone calls, music playing, intercom, and GPS navigation. Read our BILT Techno Helmet Review.
2. IV2 Modular Flip-Up Helmet Model #936
- Meet or exceed DOT safety standards. The Bluetooth motorcycle helmet is made of quality ABS shell, designed with dual visor, replaceable liners and air ventilation system, it ensures safety and comfortable wearing conditions while riding on the road.
- Bluetooth 3.0 technology offers riders one touch control for calling, answering, rejecting incoming phone calls, listening to Music, FM Radio and GPS navigation audio. With Built-in speaker and noise-canceling microphones, it allows bikers to conduct calls or listening to music or voice command clearly.
- Featured with intercom system, the motorcycle helmets support 3 riders pairing, 2 riders intercom communication at the same time with maximum distance up to 500 Meters (1640 Feet).
- ILM bluetooth helmet with battery fully charged serves 12 hours phone talk time, 8 hours intercom talk time and 110 hours of standby. The battery will enter deep sleep mode when the helmet Bluetooth system hasn’t been used for a long time. To wake the battery up, charge the battery for about half an hour. After this charge, Bluetooth functionality will be restored.
- Rider-to-rider intercom communication is available between ILM 953 Bluetooth helmet and ILM 902 Bluetooth helmet. The modular helmet comes with 1 battery , 1 USB cable, 1 universal charger, 1 User Manual and 1 black helmet bag.
The IV2 Modular Flip-Up Helmet comes in a sleek black color that is sure to up your style. This model uses an anti-scratch technology on the face shield for clearer vision. It also has waterproof controls to support you through rainy days. Because it packs so many features, this can easily be tagged as the best Bluetooth motorcycle helmet in 2022.
This is a DOT-certified motorcycle helmet that is built with EPS Impact absorption for its inner lining and dual D-ring strap made with stainless steel. It is built with advanced thermoplastic material for its shell, which makes it lightweight for a comfortable ride.
It also comes with removable and washable interiors for easy washing. The quick-release buckle system is also a great feature for riders who take off their helmets a lot of times. It is Bluetooth enabled and can work with other Bluetooth-compatible devices for communication, navigation, and entertainment.
The sizing for the IV2 Modular Flip-Up Helmet is based on the industry standard for motorcycle helmets. If you prefer a tighter or looser fit, you can go one size up or one size down for more comfort. The sizes come in S (21½”–22″), M (22¼”–22¾”), L (23″–23½”), XL (23¾”–24½”), and XXL (24½”–25″). As a bonus, this motorcycle helmet comes with a helmet bag and free tinted visor that makes it a steal. Read our IV2 Modular Review.
3. Bell Impulse Adult Qualifier DLX Helmet
- Industry-leading Five-year warranty, Integrated speaker pockets, Moisture-Wicking
- Removable/washable interio, NutraFog II, Padded chin-strap with D-ring closure
- Padded wind collar, Polycarbonate Shell, Transitions Adaptive Shield included
Bell gives us a helmet that is subtle but very stylish. The Bell Impulse Adult Qualifier DLX Helmet comes in two colors: grey and black/pink combo. It has an aerodynamic and lightweight design that significantly reduces wind and road noise. This design compliments the Bluetooth intercom and headset functions making this the best Bluetooth motorcycle helmet for communication purposes.
READ: Best Motorcycle Helmet Reviews
This motorcycle helmet is built for comfort with padded wind collar and contoured cheek pads for a better fit. Bell also made sure to integrate the face shield with anti-fog, anti-scratch, and UV protection for optimum use. The interior is built with an antibacterial and antimicrobial liner with a moisture-absorbing removable interior for easy cleaning. It also comes with integrated speaker pockets for better sound. The click-release strap is great for those who need to remove their helmets multiple times in a day.
The Bell Impulse Helmet was designed to add more speed when you ride. The design slices through the wind while making sure that there isn’t too much noise when you are using the Bluetooth functionality.
Riders who have used this motorcycle helmet claims that it is very comfortable to wear even during an 8-hour trip. It supports the Bell Sena SMH10 and Cardo Scala Rider Q1/Q3 Bluetooth stereo headset and intercom to suit your needs. Read our Bell Impulse DLX Helmet Review.
4. IV2 Helmet + Bluetooth Combo: Model 953 High-Performance Helmet
- Bluetooth technology 3.0 version, 9 hours of talk time and 120 hours of standby. Fully washable microfiber lining and adjustable vents. This Helmet Runs 1 Size Smaller Due to Built-in Bluetooth Module. The size of this helmet: S:55-56,M:57-58CM,L:59-60CM,XL:61-62CM,XXL:63-64CM.
- Group intercom between 6-8 riders with a maximum distance of up to 3,280 feet, only compatible with Bluetooth ILM helmets and Bluetooth helmets with 6-8 riders group intercom function. Two high quality built-in speakers with full stereo sound.
- One-touch control to call, answer, reject incoming calls, and dial again. The incoming call cancels the intercom, music, FM radio and GPS navigation audio.
- Meets or exceeds FMVSS-218 and DOT safety standards. DSP echo cancellation and noise suppression technology delivers high-quality voice at high speeds.
- Known issues with the Bluetooth system: When the helmet's Bluetooth system has not been used for a long time, the battery will enter deep sleep mode. During this time, Bluetooth mode may not be available. To wake up the battery, charge the battery for about half an hour. The Bluetooth functionality will be restored after charging. If there is any missing small parts of the item received, welcome to contact ILM customer service for help.
This model by IV2 focuses on protection, communication, and style. It features a VIPE style decal on its durable and lightweight shell that is sure to catch people’s attention.
This design greatly compliments the color of the motorcycle helmet making it the best Bluetooth motorcycle helmet when it comes to design. It’s made of a full-face helmet that flips upward, so you can wear it easier. It also features a retractable sun visor that is also anti-scratch.
The Model 953 Modular Flip-Up Helmet prioritizes breathability and freshness. It has ten venting ports for the best ventilation in long trips. It also comes with a removable inner lining for easy washing. Because safety comes first in every ride, this helmet is DOT Certified.
It is built with an EPS Impact Absorption inner liner for protection from accidents like a crash. It is also multi-purpose as it can be used as a snowmobile helmet during the winter months.
The connectivity feature of the Model 953 is perfect with the SENA SMH5. It also compliments very well with Bluetooth 3.0 technology. The intercom feature of this helmet can reach up to 400 meters. You also have the option for entertainment because it lets you listen to music while on the road.
If you are looking for a motorcycle that is stylish, comfortable and suits your communication needs, this is the one for you. Read our Model 953 Helmet Review.
5. VCAN Blinc 210 Full Modular Helmet
- Lightweight and comfortable modular helmet with ABS thermoplastic shell and metal latch mechanism for increased safety
- Bluetooth 2.0 enabled for cell phone and iPhone use, music streaming and clear GPS direction through dual speakers, combine 2 helmets for intercom (rider to passenger and passenger to rider) and 2-way communication (bike to bike up to 30 feet)
- Waterproof and glove friendly controls with noise cancelling microphone
- Rechargeable lithium ion battery gives 15 hours of continuous talk time and up to 600 hours on standby, full recharge in just 6 hours with provided charger
- Retractable sun visor included
With the VCAN Blinc 210 Full Modular Helmet, you can be sure to stay safe and connected. This is for the rider who does not wish to stand out in a crowd with its pure black design (available in the matte and shiny finish). The Blinc 210 concentrates more on the connectivity and security of the rider than style.
READ: Best Motorcycle Pants Reviews
It is equipped with Bluetooth 2.0 technology to accommodate your entertainment, GPS or phone calls, while you are on the road. It also features a noise-canceling microphone for a clearer sound while you are on an important phone call.
As one of the best Bluetooth motorcycle helmets, it has two speakers that promise up to 15 hours of continuous talk time as well as 600 hours of standby time. If there is another rider in your party hat that uses the same helmet, you can enjoy private communication with each other for up to 10 meters. It also features an adjusting volume, waterproof controls, and glove-friendly capability.
The VCAN Blinc 210 Full Modular Helmet’s primary focus is on the safety of the rider. This is a DOT-approved motorcycle helmet that is made to be comfortable through long rides. It has an aerodynamic design that cuts through wind and is made of ultra-lightweight material.
The face cover is resistant to all kinds of impact and is sure to keep your head safe when it comes to accidents or debris. Read our VCAN Blinc 210 Review.
How Does a Bluetooth Motorcycle Helmet Function?
Bluetooth motorcycle helmets come with a built-in Bluetooth system that syncs well with your music device or your smartphone. It also allows you to take any incoming calls hands-free through the helmet’s Bluetooth system. Typically, these helmets come with a push button on the front that you can use to make a call, making it safer and easier to communicate while riding.
Bluetooth motorcycle helmets also let you enjoy a wide range of other services that you have on your smartphone, like GPS navigation. If you have an entertainment device that supports Bluetooth technology, you can also connect it wirelessly to the helmet.
You may also use your motorcycle helmet as a form of communication between you and a fellow rider. This feature allows you to talk to another rider even when you two are 500 meters apart.
What Are the Accessories of a Bluetooth Motorcycle Helmet?
The most important part of a Bluetooth motorcycle helmet is the speakers. They usually come in pairs and are placed on both sides of the interior of the helmet. The speakers allow you to get a clear sound even when you are riding at high speeds.
Aside from the speakers included in the motorcycle helmet, there are a number of other separate speakers that are sold separately as accessories. These are easy-to-install accessories that are nimble with great quality. By using these accessories, you can customize your sound experience while you ride.
READ: BILT BLH48-DAY-2X Bluetooth Motorcycle Helmet Review
The headset is another important part of the Bluetooth system in the motorcycle helmet. Through the headset, you are able to take calls, launch the intercom, and speak to other riders. The default speakers are also a part of the headset. Some of them come with dial buttons that let riders make calls, take calls, or other functions. Many headsets are sold separately as accessories that are easily mounted on a regular helmet to turn them into a Bluetooth helmet.
While riding, you might want to take pictures of the scenery or shoot a video of your trip. This is why there are a lot of camera accessories that are easily mounted on a helmet today. These cameras are usually mounted on the side of your helmet and are able to take high-quality photos and videos. It is very easy to operate these cameras to make sure that you get instant operation while riding your bike.
Things To Consider Before Buying a Motorcycle Helmet
There are some important statistics that can help you find the best Bluetooth motorcycle helmet. Here are some of the things that you need to consider before buying your first motorcycle helmet.
A stylish helmet may look nice, but it’s not good unless it protects your head from accidents like impacts and collisions. This is the reason why it is always best to look at the helmet’s safety ratings before you buy it. There are three organizations that measure the safety ratings on motorcycle helmets. Whoever tested the helmet for safety should have their logo and rating indicated on the motorcycle’s specifications.
Helmet Size and the Shape of Your Head
Every person has a different head size as well as head shape. Because of this, you need to choose a helmet that perfectly fits the kind of head that you have. The better the helmet conforms to your skull shape, the better protection you will be getting from it. When you are buying your first motorcycle helmet, you can use your fingers to look for areas that won’t be comfortable for your head.
Type of Impact Absorbing Liner
Your new helmet should come with a good quality material for its lining. It is important to redistribute the force when you meet an accident like a crash or collision. Most helmet manufacturers use a type of Styrofoam or other materials to make sure your helmet has maximum protection.
All motorcycle helmets should come with this. This is usually called a chin strap and it helps your helmet stay in place during rides. It’s important to choose a helmet that has a good retention system, so it won’t fall during rides at high speed.
READ: Best Motorcycle GPS Reviews
Motorcycle Helmet Types
This is the most popular helmet for riders who like going on long trips. It is equipped with a face shield that is able to protect your face and eyes from debris. This is the safest type of helmet as it protects an area of full 360 degrees. Luckily, you will find different varieties of this type of helmet in the market today.
This is the type of helmet that is built to protect your head. It does not have any protection for your face but has a lot of padding for the top of the head. This is usually the choice for riders that commute to work with their motorcycles daily. However, for people who like to customize their gear, you can buy snap on face shields for face protection.
This is usually used as a spare helmet for riders. It is a helmet that only protects the top of your head. It does not have any protection for the side of your head and your face. It also has a support chin strap for retention. If you are looking for protection and safety, this is not the helmet for you.
Choosing the best Bluetooth motorcycle helmet is essential for your protection when riding. The BILT Techno Full-Face Helmet is the top Bluetooth motorcycle helmet in the market today. BILT is one of the leading motorcycle equipment manufacturers and is known for its quality products.
According to them, this helmet is one of their most technologically advanced as of yet. This passed the DOT standards and is equipped with a chin deflector that features a double D ring for safer fastening. There are many things to consider when choosing the best Bluetooth motorcycle helmet.
When choosing your first motorcycle helmet, you need to consider the features, specification, type, and design to fit all of your riding needs.