Do you ever wonder how on earth people cut padlocks and other heavy duty materials? A bolt cutter or sometimes called as bolt cropper is the answer to this problem. This tool cut though a very heavy metal, thus, allowing it to disintegrate. It is actually very hard to choose the best bolt cutter to use especially if you are not an expert on that field.
There are a lot of these cutters in the market all over the world, and it is up to you to choose. The problem is you need to know the quality bolt cutters to purchase so that you would not waste your money in blunt ones. Quality is one important factor in choosing.
In most metal and electrical industries, they need heavy-duty bolt cutters because they are dealing with gigantic machines and metal equipment. Probably they would opt for the expensive ones compared for those using it just for home use.
If you would like to verge more on the different bolt cutters and you would like to see a fair and sound judgment in choosing, then, this article is for you. The best bolt cutter reviews are very much helpful in providing you at least an overview on what you need to expect from buying these bolt cutters.
Best Bolt Cutter Reviews
1. TEKTON 3386 8-Inch Heavy-Duty Mini Bolt and Wire Cutter
- Forged and hardened alloy steel jaws
- Compound cutting action requires less effort
- Rolled steel handles with cushioned nonslip rubber grips
- Cuts bolts, chain, threaded rod, and heavy gauge wire up to 3/16 in. diameter
The first one you need to be familiar with is the handy Tekton product, which is the Tekton 3386. It is given a rate of 4.3 stars out of 5 and is even labelled as one of the best sellers. The reason for its popularity is the variety of sized it offers in the market. If you are a possible consumer of bolt cutters, you would consider, of course, the maker of the product.
The price is also very promising with a very affordable price in the market. This product could be considered as one of the cheap bolt cutters in the market. This product of Tekton is made with hardened alloy steel jaws, which is really good for gripping. If you are searching for a bolt cutter with a strong gripping capacity, then, Tekton 3386 is the one you should search for.
One of the best features of this cutter is that you don’t need to exert much effort in cutting compounds. That is considered one of its buying edges. Due to the fact that it is a hardened steel bolt cutter, it would surely withstand pressure and be hard to break metals. To emphasize more of the built, the handles are non-slip rubber that is encapsulating the roller steel.
Tekton 3386v is capable of cutting bolts, chains, threaded rods, and other hard-to-cut materials and compounds. The actual cutter is heavy and is also proof that it is made up of pure alloy steel. Those consumers who just bought also noted the simplicity of the product and the ease of use. There is no complexity in using it.
2. KNIPEX 71 12 200 Comfort Grip High Leverage Cobolt Cutters with Spring
- Opening spring with locking device integrated in the handles for comfortable working and secure transport
- uts components like bolts, nails, rivets, etc. up to 5.2 mm dia
- Exceptional cutting performance with minimum effort because of new lever action design
- Cutting edges additionally induction hardened, cutting edge hardness approx 64 hrc
The Knipex tools makers have launched a product that had gain much popularity and praises from the public, and it is the KNIPEX 71 12 200 bolt cutter. The product got an astonishing 4 stars out of 5 and was also one of the best sellers in the market. People buy bolt cutters with many considerations in the choosing stage.
Aside from the fact that it should be of high quality, it should also be safe for transport. If you are one of those consumers who are also after the safety of these tools, then, the KNIPEX 71 12 200 is the one that’s for you. This product is built with a locking grip, which means that you could lock it when you’re not using it. The lock was made with the opening spring.
This could be one of the industrial bolt cutters because of its classic look. It is also perfect for those workers who are always on the go and are often transferring places in line of their job. This could be considered as one of the craftsman bolt cutter and a must-have for them. The lever was designed with a new cutting edge that ensures a high-performance cutting action that would not require the worker to exert too much effort.
It is such a perfect bolt cutter for edges and those edges with exceptionally hard characteristics. The smooth cutting action makes it popular among industrial workers. The fact that it is also indestructible makes it in demand in the market. Other consumers who have bought it also provided their testimonials that this product makes it possible to avoid wrist and finger injuries.
3. Capri Tools 40209 Klinge Mini Bolt Cutter, 8”, Blue /Black
- Easily cut through wires, threaded rods, bolts, chains, and more
- Extremely handy for cutting on the go
- Double heat treated CrMo blades cut through tough materials with a vengeance
- High leverage design gives you more force with less effort
- Specially designed ergonomic grips make these cutters comfortable and secure
To give a short background, a klinge bolt cutter is made by Capri tools. If you are familiar with Capri tools, they are known for their trademark designs as well as for the Klinge Mini Bolt Cutter. Capri Tools is infamous in the market because they are who make the best bolt cutters aside from the other leading brands.
This bolt cutter received 4.7 stars out of 5; however, the price is much higher than the others. It is out in the market with a reasonable price. The quality of 40209 Klinge Mini bolt cutter justifies its price because it is built to be as handy as possible in cutting action. This is definitely in the list of high-quality bolt cutters.
The blades are specially made with heat-treated CrMo to cut through very hard materials. The leverage design of this bolt cutter makes it easier for the users to feel comfortable and pain-free when they are working with tough materials. You wouldn’t worry that your grip would slip because of its secure handles.
This item could actually be a replacement for craftsman bolt cutters. The life of Kilnge bolt cutter is longer than other brands in most cases. Hard-to-reach places is the specialty of this bolt cutter. If there is a part that is actually very hard to access for cutting, then, it is highly recommended to use this bolt cutter.
The mouth of this bolt cutter is not that wide open because this is a mini version of the bolt cutters. The size is actually incomparable with its functionality. The sharp metal jaws are all for the ease of access of this tool. The design of this mini bolt cutter is meant for maximum performance with less effort for the users.
4. Olympia Tools 39118 Power Grip Bolt Cutter, 18 –inch
- BOLT CUTTER: The heat-treated & drop-forged alloy steel jaws are ideal for cutting hard & soft metals with ease. The 18-inch long handles & compound hinges help maximize leverage & cutting force.
- HIGH QUALITY: Patented folding handles allow bolt cutters to easily fit in a bag. Ergonomic comfort grips and heavy-duty cutting strength. Extra-wide handles significantly reduce pressure on the hands.
- MADE TO LAST: Our durable and long-lasting tools help you with home, garage & industrial projects. With professional-grade quality, easily repair & fix issues with our tool cabinet essentials.
- THE RIGHT TOOL FOR THE JOB: We engineer a range of bolt cutters, clamps, chisels, folding carts, hammers, pliers, saws, screwdrivers, tape measures, utility knives, vises, bolt cutters, saws & wrenches.
- SUPERIOR INSTRUMENTS: Olympia Tools provides quality & innovative hand & specialty tools, tool accessories & outdoor equipment for construction, woodworking, mechanical maintenance & home repair.
As the name suggests, this is one of the best products of Olympia Tools. It landed a rating of 4.5 stars out of 5 among the users and consumers. The price of this bolt cutter is higher than usual with its selling price in most dealers. It could be aligned with big bolt cutters because of its size of 18 inches. Even though it is bigger, it could still be called handy.
The handles are foldable, so you could bring it anywhere and anytime. The handles of this bolt cutter are wider, which is meant for easy gripping with the exertion of ample force. This is not that big, so probably, it could also be for mid-sized cuttings. The heads are made up of CR-MO hardened steel which makes it really tough in cutting.
This is not a rigid bolt cutter because it could be used to reach an extra height and it has an extended length for that reason. The leverage of this bolt cutter is designed for multi-purposes like for extended places where it requires a longer reach. You would notice that the blades are concisely aligned to provide efficient cutting action. The extra-wide grip makes it easier to use without experiencing pain with your hands.
The handles are collapsible, and it would work in many conditions and situations. The hinge bolts could adjust to the tension created. It can be easily separated as well. Although the size is bigger than the others, the weight of this bolt cutter is very light so that speaks for its portability feature.
It can cut through barb wires and other chains. If you are more particular for portability and easy handy tools, then,Olympia Power Grip bolt cutter is the one you should purchase.
5. Neiko 00563A-36-inch Heavy Duty Bolt Cutter
- CHROME MOLY STEEL: 36-inch premium Cr-Mo steel jaws cut through harder objects than chrome vanadium steel bolt cutters
- DURABLE BLADES: High-frequency, heat treated blades resist damage and dents in tough applications
- MORE POWER, LESS EFFORT: Classic lever-fulcrum design and precisely aligned blades deliver added leverage with less effort
- ERGONOMICAL HANDLES: Angled non-slip plastic, textured grips provide greater control and comfort in cutting
- HEAVY DUTY: Cuts the toughest bolts, chains, padlocks, threaded rods, wires and many other metals
Neiko is one of the most widely known makers of bolt cutters. Their heavy-duty bolt cutter maker receives 4.4 stars out of 5. It sells higher than other bolt cutters because it is meant for heavy duty purposes. Makers consider it as industrial bolt cutters. The steel jaw of this cutter could cut through an extremely hard compound.
Other bolt cutters in the market are made up of vanadium steel jaws that‘s why Neiko 00563-A is superior than most brands. The blades are highly heat-treated, which makes it possible to withstand extreme pressure without getting damaged. The leverage design of this item is also competitive because it is built to reduce pressure and effort to both the tool and the person handling it.
You wouldn’t want to use a product that is out of control, and this bolt cutter is the exact opposite of it. You can gain control with your grip because of the high-standard rubbers attached to it. Cutting rebar with bolt cutters was made possible through this. It can actually cut through padlocks and chains.
The design of the lever-fulcrum of this bolt cutter is exceptionally overwhelming because of its precision engineered design. As far as consumers are concerned, the design is so classic that most consumers and buyers prefer to buy this. Neiko is undoubtedly gaining popularity even before. It is all worth your money.
This tool is faceted with strength and efficiency. The energy you would exert would be multiplied with less effort from you. Try to consider this when you buy bolt cutters.
How To Choose Your Bolt Cutter
Bolt croppers are considered as simple machines. The reason is that it directs force on the material being focused on. Leverage is created through these wonderful machines. The lever parts of these mechanical tools are the ones usually at work. A rigid bolt cutter is a perfect option to buy if a great deal of force needs to be exerted.
Commonly, a typical bolt cutter could generate an astounding 4000 pounds of pressure. Primarily this is because a bolt cutter is used to cut tough metals and other materials as well. There are several considerations that you need to check if you would be considering to buy your own bolt cutter.
Assessing the Material
Try to evaluate first the material you would cut before buying a bolt cutter. There are different bolt cutters for different hardness scales. In this case, industrial bolt cutters are used for heavy-duty work usually in factories.
Packaging of the Bolt Cutter
You would know the kind of materials that a bolt cutter can cut through the same materials of its head and jaws. The tools and the sellers would also provide the information of the Brinell and Rockwell scales the bolt cutter could handle.
Limits of Bolt Cutters
Try to consider the size and the capacity of the bolt cutters. You will be guided if you familiarize yourself with the Brinell and Rockwell scales.
Check the Kind of Handle
The handle has a different weights, and it is a significant factor if you will choose the bolt cutter in working with a particular cutting job. Long handles are used to access hard-to-reach areas while shorter handles are primarily used for a great amount of effort.
Bolt cutters are tools that men should be without. There are a lot of uses and advantages that you could get from it. Use this article in helping you out choose the best bolt cutter for you!