Bow sights are also referred as bow scopes. They are gadgets mounted on the bow for a well-aimed shot. This is similar to the sights used by men in shotguns. These are specifically created to help gain more control in aiming for the target.
The mechanism of a bow sight is made to provide a clear view of where the projectile is. The primary goal of shooting a bow is to make sure that it is precise and accurate since a hunter will always look for a clean kill.
This buying guide enumerates the top-rated bow sights in the market. Whether you’re a professional or a beginner, it is important to know what to look for in the best bow sight for your shooting needs.
Best Bow Sight Review
1. Trophy Ridge React H5 5-Pin Bow Sight
- Reduces vibration while maintaining light-weight strength with Ballistix CoPolymer construction
- Mathematical precision of React Technology automatically adjusts all pins to the optimal location
- Make easy corrections with advanced tool-less micro-click windage and elevation adjustments
- Strengthen accuracy over longer distances with second-axis adjustment
- Adjust brightness to suit any shooting condition with the rheostat light
The Trophy Ridge React-5 is included in the roster of the best hunting bow sights in their league. It features a durable construction that is meant to withstand the wild outdoor activities. It also showcases a versatile design that makes it applicable to different events and situations.
One of its notable features is its easy mounting mechanism and adjustments for accuracy. You can adjust it depending on your level of comfort. Take note that it is important to set it to your most comfortable setting as it can significantly affect your performance.
Although this is heavier compared to other bow sights in the market, that doesn’t undermine its promising performance. It is important for you to maintain balance, so your aim will surely hit the target.
The Trophy Ridge Sight is made of a durable copolymer material that is as strong as aluminum. You won’t have a problem with rust and corrosion because of its anti-corrosive property. The built design gives it a light feeling when carried and it will not affect the sight from being off-balance.
When it comes to versatility, you will surely appreciate this bow sight because it allows you to shoot from different positions. You can find several holes that are meant for mounting. From there, you can choose your best position.
Another feature is the reversible mounting bracket. You can either place it higher or lower on your bow. Aside from this, it is also very comfortable for both left and right-handed people. Firing arrows can be executed horizontally and vertically as well.
2. TRUGLO Range Rover Single-Pin Moving Bow Sight
Do you want to have a better aim on your target at a greater distance? Do you want to see your target when looking through your sight? If so, then Truglo 1004154 is the right bow sight for you.
This bow sight is compatible for both left and right-handed archers. You can find a small screw inside the ring used to switch it over. All you need to do is to unscrew it and rotate it a little, and you’re all set.
The Truglo 1004154 boasts its micro-adjustable elevation and windage like no other. You don’t need to use any tools for this reason. The laser marks make it easier and provide less hassle for the user. You will find the horizontal adjustment smooth, although it tends to get tricky at times.
It features CNC-machined aluminum construction that is lightweight in nature. If you are very particular with durability and robust construction, then this bow sight can deliver it. This best single pin bow sight has a neoprene cover on the lens for added protection to it.
One of the buying factors of this sight is the Illuminated Center Dot Technology. It features a green LED that aims a point to ensure that there will be no obstruction while the archer is making a target.
Aside from this, it has 11 brightness settings for your center dot, especially for low light situations. Remember to shut it off when you are not shooting to preserve the life of the battery. You will also benefit from the light sensitive ring because it helps in your aiming process.
3. IQ Micro 5-pin
- NEW & IMPROVED - With 50% thinner improved bladed pin construction, the Micro Sight just got better. An enhanced fiber optic containment continues to further user's accuracy at extended ranges with increased peace of mind and greater durability.
- PATENTED TECHNOLOGY - The 5-pin, all-aluminum Micro sight offers top-end performance and precision adjustments that comes standard with IQ’s patented Retina Lock Alignment Technology. The perfect system for use with or without a conventional peep sight.
- ULTIMATE PRECISION - Tool-free micro-adjust windage and elevation knobs and dials with an angled mounting bar offer multiple bow and quiver attachment points. New pin system allows for closer pin gaps to fine-tune individual pins to ultimate precision.
- GREATER ACCURACY - Laser etched windage and elevation marks make for simple, yet precise tuning, while an optimally-sized round pin housing delivers consistent peep alignment for shot-to-shot accuracy.
- MAXIMUM DURABILITY - Fully captured fiber optics are protected creating better durability than before, while maintaining ultra-bright illumination when needed most. Guaranteed to improve user's shooting at all distances but is most evident at long range.
The Field Logic IQ 5 is integrated with a technology that makes a user more accurate when it comes to shooting arrows. It is also very easy to use and adjust without any complications in the process.
It comes with five pins, and the package includes fiber optics for added value. As one of the best compound bow sights, the Field Logic IQ 5 features the Retina Lock Technology that is designed to improve your aim and shooting capabilities.
The mechanism helps in preventing jerky motions while you are firing your arrow. The Retina Lock efficiently delivers a feedback regarding your consistency. It also controls the muscle movement of your body part in the action.
Right-hand shooters will benefit from this bow sight. Their consistency and precision are ensured to improve upon using this bow sight. Aside from this, it is very easy to mount on a compound bow.
Another factor that you will appreciate is the easy adjustment of sight with its 2nd axis. Through this bow sight, you don’t need to make use of a peep anymore. This sight can get you to accomplish accurate shots in groups. This is whether you are shooting or hunting.
The five pins allow you to set a sight as far as 10 yards. On the other hand, the IQ dot makes it easier for you to center each shot of an arrow. The bright light allows you to create an accurate shot even in the dark.
The fiber optics inclusion allows you to see your target clearly even when it’s late at night or early morning. The 0.19 fiber optic pins will provide enough light in different colors.
4. HHA OL-5519 Optimizer Lite .019 5500 Sight
- Sight in at 20 & 60 yards and you're dialed in from 20 to 80, in 5 yard increments
- Sight Housing: 1 5/8"
- Fully protected fiber optics
- Tool-free adjustments
- Fiber Length: 5 ft
When it comes to easy adjustment and quick setting of the pins, the HHA OL-5519 Optimizer is a name to remember. Aside from this, the pins are meant for accurate and precise shots. This bow sight is designed to provide assistance in low light settings.
As the best single pin bow sight, this bow sight is created with the needs of hunters in mind. It features easy adjustment mechanisms that help you maximize your time while you are on the field.
The one pin sight inclusion is used to line up with a target. No tools are required to make the adjustments, and you will find it easy to dial in your required yardage. If you set the sight for 20-60 yards, expect to have an accurate shot up to 80 yards in the distance.
The HHA OL-5519 Optimizer comes in a black color, and it can blend easily with the surroundings. You don’t need to worry about the fiber optics because it’s entirely protected through its hood. You can use for your sight in low-light settings.
The fiber optics is created with a length of 5 feet so you can freely move without being obstructed by the bow sight. It also features a rheostat light that makes it possible for you to adjust the pin’s brightness.
This sight can withstand extreme weather conditions without getting damaged. Though it’s lightweight, it’s very durable and boasts its solid construction. You’ll surely appreciate how easy it is to mount on a bow sight.
If you are looking for a one-pin bow sight to provide excellent precision and accuracy, the HHA Optimizer might be what you are looking for.5.
5. Trophy Ridge React Pro Sight
- Mathematical precision of React Technology automatically adjusts all five pins to the optimal location
- Make easy corrections with advanced tool-less micro-click windage and elevation adjustments
- Strengthen accuracy at severe angles over longer distances with Third Axis Adjustment
- Durable stainless steel hardware and solid aluminum construction
- Ultra-bright .019” medium fiber optic yardage indicators to compensate for various environmental conditions
The Trophy Ridge Pro 5 is made from 6061c aluminum that is known to demonstrate superior durability and sturdiness. It features the leveling of the 2nd and 3rd axis. Aside from this, you get to choose from .019 and .010 pin sizes.
Another feature that you will surely find noteworthy is the micro-click windage and elevation adjustment. This feature is not available in other ordinary bow sights on the market. You will be ensured that there’ll be no slop windage.
There is an installed precision bubble level for shooting improvement. The glow ring is also very visible in low light setting. You can make all the adjustments without using any tools as well. The best thing about this sight is the inclusion of fiber optics.
The stainless-steel hardware improves its longevity because of its anti-rust and anti-corrosive properties. For added features, there is also a preinstalled Rheostat light.
Installing the Trophy Ridge React Pro 5 is very simple. You just need to tighten the two screws, and you’re all set. It is also unique because it utilizes the Smart Pin technology which allows you to sight your bow as simple as it seems.
The 20-yard pin is the first pin that you see on this sight. You need to adjust the windage for you to take a shot from 20 yards. Do this until you are ready to loosen the windage knob. Just turn it to whatever direction you think is needed at that time.
If your 20-yard pin is right to go, that’s the time that you can go back to other distances that you prefer. You might even want to try until 40-yards.
Bow Sight Buying Guide
In selecting the best bow sight, you need to consider your preference as your top priority. It should match the way you like to shoot your arrow or the way you want to hunt.
Nowadays, the selection of bow sight is already diverse. It should be reflecting the nature of the sport or the activity that you will be doing. Bow sights are designed for a single reason, and that’s to improve accuracy and precision in shooting. However, one question remains unanswered – where will you hunt?
New bow sight designs are built with lessened fragile parts and components, but there are still small pieces that will be included. Other thin materials are meant to provide accuracy. If you are going to hunt, then you opt to choose durable bow sights.
Different Types of Bow Sights
1) Fixed Pin – This is the most commonly used bow sight, in particular by the archers. It gives around 3-5 pins. If you are going to shoot only at short range, you need to utilize the pin on top. On the other hand, the base pin is often used for extended range shot or proximity.
It is recommended that you adjust each pin before you do your bow hunting. If you can change it easily and quickly, then that will not be a problem.
When you adjust your pin, it should apply to 3-5 distances that will not be too hard to recollect. Some hunters do this by utilizing some additions. It is recommended to stay with 5-1p yards.
2) Movable Pin Sights – Most excellent hunters and professional hunters prefer this bow sight. They are created with only one pin. You will observe that the entire casing slides up and down, especially before the next shot. Setting up this type of bow sight is easy.
If you need to recollect, you can do this by using the white tape located at the back of the bow sight. Through this, you can mark the range of the distance. Also, you will be able to utilize it at the point required.
3) Pendulum Sight – You should know that taking a shot on level ground is different from elevated regions. If the area is raised, it would need a different sort of sight that will cope with the downhill shots. Most of the hunters prefer the grounds more than tree stands.
This bow sight functions through the dangling of the pin to support the unique point. This is entirely different from fixed pin bow sights and that is why it is recommended to become familiarized with it first.
Choosing the Best Bow Sight
1) Low Light Setting – In buying a bow sight, you need to consider how it functions in low light conditions. This is an essential factor, especially if you are a hunter. Most animals might not be active any time of the day. That is why you should be prepared even at night hours.
The benefit of a bow light’s low light function depends on the nearness of the light source. There are good optics that work as a better lens because they have the capacity to reap natural light from its surroundings.
2) Required Number of Pins – The number of pins is also an important factor in choosing the right bow sight for you. As a hunter, you need to decide on the number of pins required for what you would like to achieve. In this case, you need to consider the place where you live and the terrain you where you will base your hunting.
However, you should not forget that the number of pins should also be based on your preference. If you enjoy gap shooting, then you are going to target the gaps between the pins. Some people would just like a pin to help them decide which object to target.
3) Material Used – When it comes to choosing the right bow sight, you should also consider the materials used in building it. They make a significant difference in the efficiency of your bow sight.
Bow sights that are made from optic fibers have the ability to capture light from the surrounding. This result to increase luminosity even though you are in a low light setting. You will be able to target and shoot better.
Other bow sights are created from machined aluminum. This features a lighter weight, and it is highly resistant to rust and corrosion. You can find many designs of this favorite type of bow sight.
There are also brands in the market that offer bow sights made from plastic. They are created to be durable and sturdy. It is even lighter than aluminum. If you are going to consider the pin guard, then you can depend on this material.
4) Size of the Pins – The small pins can measure 0.019 inches, and it is the smallest available out there. You will be ensured that the shot placement is very accurate. It is also recommended for long-range shooting.
The thing that you need to consider with this is that it is not that shiny and visibility is not that good in all conditions.
The big pins measure 0.040, and they are the largest in the market. They have the capacity to shine very brightly and provide an additional aim for you. It is recommended for close-range shooting instead of shorter proximity.
If you would like a pin that will be applicable for all situations, choose a pin that measures 0.029 instead.