Having the best ceiling fan in your home or office provides unmatched privileges, allowing you to cool off when you need to. Nowadays, there are superbly crafted and styled ceiling fans that you can choose from, offered by different manufacturers and brands.
The wide selections of quality ceiling fans range from traditional to modern styles. These fixtures are still able to retain their functionality while satisfying the requirements of every buyer at the same time. With that being said, this buying guide will help you sort out the most stylish and high-quality ceiling fans on the market.
You will never get lost, in any degree, as this guide provides no less than the top-rated ceiling fans, including a comprehensive discussion about some important factors that might affect your buying decision towards the end of this article.
Best Ceiling Fans Reviews For Home
1. Minka-Aire F843-DK
- DESIGN: The Minka-Aire Wave fan is truly unique design that draws inspiration from the ocean's graceful and tubular wave formations.
- BULB: No bulb/light included.
- INCLUDED: One RCS213 - Three-speed hand-held remote and One 6-Inch Downrod
- MOTOR: Conveniently quiet, 3 speed - reversible motor. Run Summer and Winter to aid in rotating air and cutting down on energy costs.
- DIMENSIONS: Measures 12.5'' from the ceiling to the lowest point of the fan with the included 6" downrod. This Unique Style Ceiling Fan has a blade sweep diameter of 52'' with variable Blade Pitch
The very first item on the list is the Minka-Aire F843-DK, which is a 52-inch ceiling fan and includes a remote control. Garnering an average customer rating of 4.4 stars, the Minka-Aire is among the top ceiling fans that features an exclusive distresses Koa design and finish. It is a part of Minka-Aire’s Wave Collection, featuring a modern style that will surely add a sense of charm to all spaces or rooms.
It comes in the brown color as well as a 48-degree blade pitch that allows for the perfect air flow for any room size. The remote control transmitter allows for a 3-speed forward setting while boasting a 100%-range light dimmer. The remote control is compatible with the WCS213 wall control; although, this unit is just optional.
Minka Aire ceiling fans reviews will tell you that this ceiling fan’s design is an epitome of inspiration, capturing the tubular and graceful wave formations of the ocean. This incredibly imaginative design has surely captivated a lot of customers nationwide and worldwide.<
Apparently, the distressed Koa finish found in this item is like no other. Basically, it is a finishing procedure that has been devised to resemble Koa, an exotic and rare wood that is native to Hawaii. Hence, Koa wood is derived from the Koa tree, which is widely used by Hawaiian craftsmen in creating guitars, ukuleles, hand-carved objects, and other exotic furniture.
The Minka-Aire F843-DK is not just the best ceiling fan for bedroom but virtually, for all rooms and sizes. Made from a precision-molded and high-density material, this ceiling fan continues to captivate people, providing exotic-looking furniture that cools off any sized room efficiently and enjoyably.
2. Hunter 53091
- CLASSIC CEILING FAN: The traditional Builder Deluxe fan comes with LED light covered by toffee glass that will keep home interior inspired; Measures 52 x 52 x 17.77 Inch
- MULTI-SPEED REVERSIBLE FAN MOTOR: Whisper Wind delivers ultra-powerful airflow fan with quiet performance; Change the direction from downdraft mode during the summer to updraft mode during the winter
- LED BOWL LIGHT KIT: Energy-efficient dimmable LED light bulbs let you control the lighting and ambiance of the living space; The long lasting bulbs have longer lifespan than traditional bulbs
- PULL CHAIN CONTROL: Turn the bronze ceiling fan on/off and adjust the speed quickly and easily with the pull chain
- ROOM PLACEMENT: Indoor fan is height adjustable, via the included 2" & 3" downrods, to ensure proper distance from the ceiling and optimize air movement; Ideal fan for living room, lounge, and bedrooms
Next up is the Hunter 53091 with an average rating of 4.4 stars. These Hunter ceiling fans feature a deluxe 5-blade design with a single light. Unlike ordinary ceiling fans on the market, this model boasts Brazilian cherry and stained-oak blades. Measuring 52 inch, this ceiling fan also provides a piped toffee glass light bowl.
Primarily, the Hunter 53091 is a combination of the 19th-century craftsmanship and the 21st-century designs and technologies in order to produce furniture of unmatched style, quality, and a whisper-quiet performance. Hunter Fan Company is among the ceiling fan brands that make use of the finest materials in creating their designs.
Hence, this ceiling fan can work beautifully in any home, whether a traditional-themed or modern style of abode. Its overall design also allows for up to 47% savings on cooling costs. The Hunter Builder Deluxe can deliver 5110 cubic feet of air flow at high speeds.
The New Bronze finish and the casual clean style of this ceiling fan are blended with the laid-back industrial furnishings. The blades are reversible between stained oak and Brazilian cherry, providing you with options to match your current molding or furniture finishes.
Hunter ceiling fans reviews say that this fan can be mounted without the light, depending on the preference of the user. The Whisper Wind motor is a 3-speed quiet motor, delivering the necessary cooling power needed in every room or space. It is also efficient in large-sized rooms, measuring as large as 400 square feet. Indeed, the Hunter 53091 offers unmatched performance and styling that surely stands out.
3. Westinghouse 7861400
- Indoor 56 inch ceiling fan, down rod only installation ideal for great rooms up to 400 square feet
- Brushed nickel ceiling fan with three brushed nickel steel blades
- Westinghouse ceiling fans feature a high-quality motor, deliver powerful air movement and quiet performance
- Wall control ceiling fan offers easy operation, on/off and 5-speed fan control
- 15 year limited motor warranty and two-year warranty on all other parts
The 4.3-star-rated Westinghouse 7861400 is a 56-inch industrial ceiling fan with 3-blade and ball hanger installation systems. It comes in a brushed nickel finish with a sleek and convenient design. Westinghouse is considered as the best ceiling fan brand by many consumers, considering its unwavering promise of durability.
This industrial ceiling fan has been created perfectly for indoors, making it ideal for use in residential, industrial and commercial spaces. Additionally, this fan requires minimal and quick assembly, including a 5-speed wall control unit, which allows for setting adjustments over a wide selection.
Westinghouse ceiling fans have been engineered to circulate air powerfully, despite large open spaces. The cold-rolled steel motor, measuring at 172mm by 12mm is highly capable of creating a very comfortable environment for all activities. This ceiling fan can generate airflow for up to 7,105cfm, operating at 63-watts over high speeds. Hence, it is perfect for large spaces, measuring up to 360 sq/ft of floor space.
Indeed, this is a very good ceiling fan, although the installation requires the blades to be at least 10-foot away from the floor. For added safety, this fan is an ETL-listed product. The name Westinghouse is a global brand, which is trusted by thousands of consumers when it comes to such products, including lighting needs; thereby, this ceiling fan model from the brand ensures quality, functionality, and reliability all at the same time.
Buyers of the Westinghouse 7861400 also get a 15-year limited warranty, alongside their fans, plus two years on other parts.
4. kathy ireland HOME Snugger By Emerson
- FLUSH MOUNT CEILING FAN – This 42-inch hugger ceiling fan is compact, sits flush to the ceiling, and is ideal for rooms with low ceiling clearance. Perfect circulating air in apartments, bedrooms, dining rooms, and home offices.
- DRY RATED FOR INDOOR USE – This indoor ceiling fan features a 42-inch blade span with a 12-degree blade pitch. It generates airflow up to 2,614 cubic feet per minute and is perfect for cooling down your home’s interior.
- REVERSIBLE BLADES FOR CUSTOM LOOK – The neutral white housing fits with most decorating styles. Ceiling fan comes with 5 reversible blades in White/Bleached Oak finishes so you can choose the look that is right for you.
- CLASSIC PULL CHAIN OPERATION – The 3-speed motor is easy to operate with its traditional pull chain design. Switch between low, medium, and high speeds, and change direction of airflow with is reversible motor.
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEE WITH LIFETIME WARRANTY – Ideal for home improvement projects, this traditional ceiling fan is complete with a limited lifetime motor warranty for peace of mind. Ceiling fan is light kit adaptable (sold separately).
On the other hand, the kathy ireland HOME Snugger is a 3-speed wall control ceiling fan, featuring 42-inch blades and coming in a barbeque black finish. This Emerson fan garners an average rating of 4.5-Stars with a major design element, which is perfect for modern décor.
The overall sleek look, modern finish, and matching blades of this fan can complement large indoor areas as well as covered outdoor spaces that have 400sq/ft of floor areas. It also holds Energy Star rankings when it comes to ceiling fans, making it a simple, yet efficient and stylish addition to anyone’s lifestyle.
The construction of Emerson is flawless inside and out. After all, Emerson has been relying on quality as its hallmark for more than 100 years now. Similar to other Emerson ceiling fans, this model also features meticulous craftsmanship, making use of no less than the finest materials available.
The motor has been tested thoroughly and on a regular basis, ensuring that each of the fans from this brand provides the longest lasting and quietest motors on the market. This fan also promises to last for years ahead, backing its customers with a limited lifetime warranty for the motor as well as a 1-year warranty for the other electronics and parts.
All in all, the Emerson ceiling fan guarantees quality inside, while providing flawless aesthetics on the outside. The Emerson ceiling fan enables users to enjoy comfortable temperatures while saving money year-round through its reversible airflow technology.
Although it is not adaptable to light fixture, this product is ideal for different high ceiling applications, boasting an Energy Star approval, high-efficiency blades, remote control adaptability, and a 4-speed wall control design.
5. Craftmade TMPH52BNK5
- This Contemporary Low Profile 52" Ceiling Fan includes: 16watt LED 3000K, 1415 Lumens, 80CRI Dimmable Light, (100 watt incandescent equivalent) with Optional Brushed Nickel Blank Light Lens Cover for No-Light.
- This Hugger Ceiling Fan with Light includes: Handheld Remote & Wall Control (3 Fan Speeds, Reverse Fan Direction and Light Dimming)
- Dimensions: Height Distance from Ceiling to Bottom of Fan Light is 10.43", Base Diameter 10.93", Ceiling to Top of Fan Blades 7.25", Total Blade Span Diameter 52 Inches
- Hanging Weight is 20.3lbs and Can Not be Mounted on a Sloped Ceiling. This Flush Ceiling Fan is Rated for Indoor Locations Only. Download Installation Manual Below.
- Includes: 5 Reversible Silver / Maple Plywood Blades - (52" Span / 13 Degree Blade Pitch)
The final item on the list is the Craftmade TMPH52BNK5, which is a 52-inch ceiling fan. Garnering a 4.4-star average rating; it is certainly one of the best-rated ceiling fans you’ll find on the market today. This fan features 5-brushed chrome blades, alongside a single light kit that has a frosted glass design.
When compared to ordinary ceiling fans, the Craftmade offers an exclusive modern design with the shape and size complementing most spaces flawlessly. More than the beautiful and careful craftsmanship, this fan is highly dependable for its unmatched performance. Besides the easy installation, it comes with a great price too.
The 5-brushed chrome blades make this fan perfect for all rooms and room sizes, giving an elegant look, while enhancing the overall interior and decorations of your home. It is also a down-rod mount fan, including a 6-inch down-rod.
This is the best ceiling fans with lights, based on customer reviews, requiring at least 10 feet of distance between the floor and the blades during installation. A 60-watt candelabra bulb is included in the kit as it is a single light fixture.
The Craftmade TMPH52BNK5, unlike other ceiling fans, provides a high-performance motor that can deliver powerful airflow. In spite this capacity, it is also able to offer quiet performance, allowing you to create an enjoyable and comfortable cooling breeze.
The reverse system, on the other hand, allows you reverse the airflow direction for warm air to circulate throughout the room. These two methods equally help you in saving energy, either keeping you cool or warm.
Ceiling Fans Buying Guide
Surely, ceiling fan reviews and ratings are very helpful tools for every probable buyer of such furniture. However, not all buyers find these details sufficient throughout their decision-making. In this regard, this section of the article provides just more information, providing everyone with more insights about this product.
Consider Your Space
Finding the best ceiling fan brands is very easy nowadays, considering the wide selections of ceiling fan manufacturers. For one, the internet a great source of different consumer products, finding virtually all items that can be found in shopping malls, department stores, supermarkets, and so on.
But getting the best brand of such furniture does not end there. You should consider the available space on which you are planning to install this furniture. Initially, you must identify the area or room in your house or office, determining its measurement so as to find the most suitable model of ceiling fan.
Keep in mind that these furniture vary, based on their sizes and their capacities in circulating airflow within a specific room or area. Ceiling fans also have the capacity of pushing air around, meaning that this furniture can be used as heating or cooling systems.
The best quality ceiling fans for bedrooms, for instance will encourage more restful sleep, while on open areas and screened porches, this furniture tends to create a more refreshing retreat. However, it is important to check the fan’s rating, whether it is suitable for wet or damp locations or otherwise.
For outdoor, covered areas, it is wise to pick a fan with weatherproof blades. These styles and designs can surely handle moisture. Fans that are rated for wet conditions are perfect for rainy seasons or coastal areas. Maximizing the efficiency of a ceiling fan is greatly affected by the area’s or room’s size. With this in mind, ENERGY STAR has set guidelines in this regard, recommending the following sizing:
- 29 to 36-inch fans – perfect for areas up to a 75 sq/ft area
- 36 to 42-inch fans – suitable for 76 to 144 sq/ft rooms
- 44-inch fans – ideal for 144 to 225 sq/ft area
- 50 to 54-inch fans – perfect for 225 to 400 sq/ft rooms
Another factor to consider when shopping for the best ceiling fans is the ceiling height. Most manufacturers and providers of this furniture usually include their recommendations, involving the installation and height requirements between the fan blades and the floor. Ideally, an 8-foot distance of the fan blades from the floor is necessary although there are some models that require further distances, depending on the capacity of a certain ceiling fan model. In spite the different mounting options, it is always best to measure and identify the height of the ceiling in order to comply with professional and/or manufacturer recommendations.
The mounting options of ceiling fans are multiple. This section identifies all the possible options, describing each one of them for a more in-depth perspective.
Flush Mount – The flush mount option is ideal for rooms and living spaces with low ceilings. It is mainly because a low profile is required or necessary. Hence, these types of ceiling fans are mounted flush towards the ceiling without extra attachments.
READ: Best Tower Fan Reviews
Down-rod Mount – On the other hand, the down-rod mount option is perfect for living spaces that have high ceilings, usually 8 feet in measurement or higher. Today, many ceiling fan brands already include a down-rod in their packaging although not all manufacturers provide such accessories. Therefore, it is still sensible to double-check if this attachment is made available by the provider.
Note: Extra-tall ceilings may require longer down-rods than the provided attachment. On that note, it is important to look for a reliable chart, perhaps through online, in order to measure the correct down-rod length.
Additionally, the blades of a ceiling fan play crucial roles throughout its efficiency and performance. The overall look of most ceiling fan blades are more focused on designs or styles, rather than the utility. However, reliable manufacturers do not compromise such because they know that the blades should be efficient, instead of being stylish.
The blades’ pitch also determines the fan’s ability in circulating airflow, so this factor is equally important as you choose ceiling fans. Today, you can even opt for reversible blades from certain brands, providing you with two basic designs to complement your interior designs and decorations.
Over time, the blades of high-quality ceiling fans have evolved into not only different shapes, but also into increasing numbers. There are ceiling fans with as much as nine blades, working like a helicopter, although the conventional number of blades ranges from three to five, remaining as the classic style.
Blade Sizes and Materials
In an equal degree, the size of blades and the materials used in their construction are essential factors to consider. However, it is said that the number of blades does not greatly affect the overall performance of the fan. In fact, some people claim that fans with more blades tend to move air less due to the less space they have in grabbing air. Without a doubt, the number of blades affects the overall cost of the product. In general, fans with more blades cost higher than those with lesser blades.
A ceiling fan comparison will also tell you that the blades are available in different lengths, usually calculated by the full blade sweep that they produce, ranging from 30, 42, 44, to 60 inches. Long blades also tend to move more air than its short counterparts. Consequently, the majority of manufacturers produce 2 or 3 different lengths.
When it comes to the materials used, the best ceiling fans are available in a wide variety of materials and finishes, ranging from natural wood to other modern materials. The blades are also made from different materials like solid wood, constant-density board, cross-laminated veneer, and so on.
The finish of every ceiling fan includes the natural finish, oak, cherry, walnut, bleached oak, faux granite, high luster, rosewood, and more. As mentioned earlier, there are reversible blades, offering two kinds of finishes, such as the Hunter 53091 with the Brazilian Cherry on one side of the blade and Stained-Oak on the other.
These types of blades allow for a complete transformation of the fan’s overall appearance. Moreover, there are ceiling fan blades that are constructed from smoked or clear acrylic.
Popular Shades and Finishes
While powerful ceiling fans are mass-produced in endless selections of styles and finishes, there are popular shades that consistently captivate the attention of consumers. The most innovative designs of ceiling fans allow the fan to be hidden in a fabric drum shade such as seeded glass, alabaster glass, and frosted glass.
It is important to consider the existing interior of your room, alongside the ceiling fan’s finish. Taking a cue from the color of your cabinet hardware and door handles, having a brushed nickel finish, for instance, then, it is just wise to pick a fan with a complementary finish.
The most popular finishes of ceiling fans include the mentioned brushed-nickel, oil-rubbed bronze, antique bronze, matte black, auburn, polished pewter, java, mink, black, white, and the natural.
The brands of ceiling fans also offer a wide array of accessories for their products. These accessories allow for modifications and improvements, depending on the user’s needs. The available accessories are as follows:
- Angled Ceiling Adapter – This accessory is attached to the outlet box, easing the mounting process when it comes to angled ceilings.
- Down-rod – This is a slender pole, which can lower the ceiling fan to achieve the proper height. Most ceiling fan kits come with a down-rod, although other models offer this accessory separately and also comes in various finishes and sizes.
- Light Kit – A light kit is a great modification for a ceiling fan. However, the fan should be compatible with a certain light kit, which can be standard or the LED options.
- Remote Control – Most ceiling fan kits includes a remote control, allowing you to adjust the comfort level in a certain distance.
- Pull Chain – This accessory simply livens up the overall look of the fan, which is usually offered in a variety of styles.
For the easiest installation, it is wise to buy a pre-assembled fan. Otherwise, manufacturers provide instruction manuals and easy-to-follow directions in assembling and installing their products. Safety, warning, and caution information are likewise provided. On top of all these, it is important to make sure that an outlet is available, before buying and installing a ceiling fan. Otherwise, contacting a qualified electrician is necessary.
All in all, the highest rated ceiling fans can cost from as fewer than 50 dollars or all the way up to hundreds, depending on the overall style, quality, construction, and the brand name. This furniture can meet individual needs too, similar to most consumer product, offering different materials, finishes, speeds, and warranty.
It is of utmost importance to identify the space or area you’re planning on installing a ceiling fan. By doing so, it will be easier to find the best ceiling fan model that is suitable for your room. After which, you can go on considering the style, finish, and materials used in such product.
Take note of the reviewed products in this article as these ceiling fans offer no less than efficiency, style, quality, and dependability, all packed in one. Make sure to consider the buying guide as you shop for this furniture, allowing you to pick the best ceiling fan based on your requirements.