Chain saws are available in a wide array of sizes and types, and so do chainsaw chaps, which are very essential accessories when using any chain saw. Besides using a helmet, a good pair of boots, eye protection, and working gloves, a pair of chainsaw pants come in handy for ultimate protection during the handling of any type of chain saw, be it a cordless, electrical, or a gas-powered model.
Today, purchasing this working accessory has become very easy, considering the different brands and styles on the market. However, picking the best chainsaw chaps could still be a daunting task due to the boundless selections. Hence, this article will give you no less than the highest quality of products that the market has to offer.
With that being said, below are the top-rated chainsaw chaps reviews, including a buying guideline for probable buyers, giving you adequate information and allowing you to make an informed buying decision towards the end.
Best Chainsaw Chaps Reviews
1. Forester Chainsaw Apron Chaps
- FORESTER: Chainsaw Safety Chaps - Apron Style Adjustable Protective Pants We've taken care to design chainsaw aprons that give top of the line protection and are easier to put on and take off than ever before. There's no reason not to use protection when it's this easy!
- Each set of chaps comes with a deep utility pocket for easy storage. We've made a lightweight 4 ply barrier that meets the heaviest standards. Our protective gear meets OSHA Regulation 1910-266 for chainsaw operators. They're UL Tested & Classified Chainsaw Chaps (ASTM F1897), and they meet ASTM F1897-2008 39JY standard specifications for leg protection Made BetterEach pair of chaps is water-resistant and oil-resistant so you can stay focused on the job.
- If you're doing cutting for landscaping or heavy-duty logging work these chaps are perfect for you. The totally adjustable fit means it fits perfectly for men or women of most sizes. Get real professional-grade protection from Forester.
- Made for You: With simple customizable fits, pockets, and a wide range of colors Forester Chaps are the perfect gear for you! Available in 35"", 37"", and 40"" lengths and colors like high-visibility green, orange, camouflage, dark green, grey, brown, and denim blue.
- Better Equipment Delivered: Our products meet the highest-quality and most affordable standards available for equipment. We're here to deliver everything you need at with best service possible. If you have questions, or need help for any reason, just contact us and we'll be glad to help. We supply top-of-the-line safety equipment and replacement parts for power tools, and more! Get producs you can trust at prices that work for you.
Next up is the Forester Chainsaw Apron Chaps, which come in an orange color and a 36-inch length. These Forester chainsaw chaps garner an average rating of 4.4 stars from its customers. Similar to the previous product, this one too meets the OSHA requirements, ensuring optimal safety of the product.
These could be the best chainsaw safety chaps, considering its overall construction, which is made from 1200-Denier, while the outer shell is water-resistant and oil-resistant. In addition to that, the Forester also offers 12 layers of protective materials. The overall design tends to fit waists between 28 inches and 48 inches, thus, fitting different chain saw operators of various body types.
Furthermore, these chaps have 6-inch by 6-inch side pockets, which is among its selling points because most chaps on the market do not have such design. Effective as a protective gear, these chain saw chaps do not limit the operator’s movements, unlike other models of chaps; thereby, it is not only effective for safety, but also flexible enough to allow further movement of the user.
The Forester Chainsaw Chaps are not at all equivalent to minimum protection, allowing the user to move freely with optimal safety during the operation of any chainsaw. Based on chainsaw safety chaps reviews, this pair of chaps is the ultimate safety parameters during such task. It is of high quality without sacrificing safety and flexibility.
Moreover, the Forester Chainsaw Chaps are very comfortable to use with the handy side pockets that allow for additional tools necessary, while operating a chainsaw or taking down a tree. Indeed, these chaps have generated a lot of positive reviews from actual users, deserving its 4.4-Star rating. Read our detailed review of the Forester Chainsaw Chaps.
2. Husqvarna 587160704
- 1000 denier polyester with PVC coating with Tek warp protective layers
- Adjustable waist size to 42 inches. Overall length is from the waist to the ankle
- Felling wedge/gear pocket and acetyl Delran buckles
- Meets ASTM f1897, ANSI z133.1, And OSHA regulation 1910-266
- Ul certified
Meanwhile, the Husqvarna 587160704 deserves its 4.8 star rating due to its impressive and useful features. This is a technical apron wrap chap, fitting waists between 36 inches and 38 inches. When compared to the previous Husqvarna product, this model is made of PVC-coated and Denier materials, including Tek warp for its protective layer.
These chainsaw pants or chaps claim to prevent or reduce the risks of injuries, while an operator is running a chainsaw. Through its cut-retardant material, the chainsaw’s sprocket system tends to clog or pull apart, slowing down the chainsaw from rotating continuously. Thus, possible injuries are stopped in no time.
However, the degree of slow down largely depends on several factors such as the type of chainsaw, the length, the angle of contact, as well as the total chainsaw power. Keep in mind that the more powerful chainsaw models are more difficult to hold back.
Nonetheless, aside from the adjustable waist sizes of these Husqvarna pants, they also provide convenient pockets for additional accessories or tools on the job site. These chaps are also equipped with acetyl Delran buckles, allowing for added security and proper fit. The Husqvarna 587160704 meets 1910-266 OSHA regulations, ANSI z133.1, and ASTM f1897 requirements.
These UL-certified chainsaw safety chaps have also created a lot of happy customers, similar to the Husqvarna 531309565 model, saying that they have never felt safe until they made use these chaps. All in all, the Husqvarna 587160704 is one of the safety measures that every chainsaw operator must have. Read our Husqvarna 587160704 Review.
3. Husqvarna 531309565z
- Designed for either floor or table top use, this heater is versitile enough to warm any space in your home.
- Choose your ideal heat setting: High, Low, or Fan Only, all of which feature quietly propelled air.
- This no hassle heater comes fully assembled, ready to plug in, turn on, and heat your home.
- You can either get direct heat, perfect for warming your feet under your desk, or oscillating heat, perfect for warming a small room.
- This heater is fully equipped with built in safety features so you don't have to be nervous about having it in your home with children or pets.
First on the list is the Husqvarna 531309565 with an average customer rating of 4.6 stars. This pair of chainsaw pants also serves as an apron and comes in a gray/blue color combination. It is UL-certified, while meeting the ANSI Z133.1 and the ASTM F1897 standards; thereby, ensuring efficiency and safety at the same time.
Moreover, these Husqvarna chaps meet the 1910-266 OSHA Regulations. It is a very convenient chain saw accessory, requiring a simple hand wash for cleaning and maintenance. Simply hang it to dry, and it’s ready for the next job.
When compared to ordinary products on the market, the Husqvarna Apron chaps boast a 600-Denier material as its outer shell, which comes in the navy blue color. It offers superior protection through the 5 layers of Kevmalimot material. Hence, Husqvarna recognizes the safety of every individual who makes use of a chainsaw; thereby, creating and offering these Husqvarna chainsaw chaps for all chainsaw users.
The use of chainsaws is very critical, considering the sharp blade that could result in serious injuries. But, with the use of protective gear such as the Husqvarna Apron chaps, everything will be fine, eliminating the tendencies of cuts, bruises, and other injuries on the legs and feet.
After all, the Husqvarna Apron chaps are very sturdy and can fit users of different sizes and body types. While the straps may require slight adjustments from one user to the other, these well-made chaps will surely protect anyone’s legs, whether doing a small logging task, or otherwise. Read our Husqvarna 531309565 Review.
4. Husqvarna 531300904
Finally, the Husqvarna 531300904 receives an average customer rating of 4.4-Stars. This protective apparel claims to be a power kit that every landowner should possess, and all those who operate the different types of chainsaws.
The kit includes an orange ProForest woodsman helmet, an apron chap, large and heavy duty work gloves, blue clip suspenders, and Lexa protective eyewear with lanyard. Everything necessary to be safe and productive is packed in the Husqvarna 531300904 power kit, all the essential outfit packed in one box.
Any probable buyer of Husqvarna chaps pants should never be hesitant with this model because the impressive features never compromise the comfort and safety of the user. It is a year-round protective gear that is always reliable and comfortable to wear, from the helmet down to the chaps.
The high quality materials used in the overall construction never sacrifices convenience as well as these safety gears are very easy to put on and remove, while allowing more free movement than ordinary chaps on the market. Hence, many actual users are very pleased with these Husqvarna protective chaps, helmet, and eye protection.
Surely, everything in the box is a quality item that offers reliability, protection, and comfort at the same time. In fact, the suspenders are not very necessary for some operators although they offer extra safety. On the other hand, the helmet has been a very effective gear, protecting the user’s head and face, while limbing and cutting.
The Husqvarna 531300904 is the ultimate sense of security that all chainsaw operators should wear all the time. Read our detailed review of the Husqvarna 531300904.
Chainsaw Chaps Buying Guideline
Certainly, chainsaw chaps reviews are very helpful for all probable buyers of such protective gear. Aside from product reviews and customer feedback, there are more things that you need to learn, before placing your order online. Below is additional information about chainsaw chaps, including other protective gears that also offer added security and safety, while handling chainsaws.
Important Features of Chainsaw Chaps
While the products above provide impressive features, it is still important to compare each model from the other, based on important factors. This section of the article gives you the idea on how to pick the best chaps on the market.
Before you make any purchase, it is very crucial to take note of the size of every pair of chaps. This is to ensure that it will fit you, or any other user that you are intending the product for. Getting one with a wide range of fitment will be the best choice, allowing a single purchase for multiple users. For instance, you are buying chainsaw protective chaps for you and your son, so picking a model that will fit your waist and your son’s waist would be the best option.
The length is another factor to consider, alongside the size or fit. Of course, not all chainsaw operators have the same height, requiring the proper length or fit for optimal comfort and protection during such task. Getting very short chaps or very long chaps are both hasty, thus, getting the perfect length, based on the length of your legs is always wise choice, allowing for a perfect fit.
A pair of protective chaps for chainsaw should also offer convenience and comfort. These benefits are usually attributed to the additional features such gears, like pockets for instance. The Forester Chainsaw Apron Chaps offer a 6-inch by 6-inch side pockets, unlike the other models. These side pockets allow for additional gears or tools necessary during the task.
Another thing to consider is the cleaning and maintenance of these safety gears. Most operators of chainsaws typically work on a daily basis; hence, the use of chaps is necessary every single day as well. Choosing chaps that are easy to wash and dry are the top-pick, while saving time simultaneously.
Of course, the materials used in the construction of chainsaw chaps are major factors to consider. Among the most popular and widely-used materials include PVC, Denier, and polyester, while there are Kevlar chainsaw chaps, which are said to be the most cut-resistant of all the materials.
To ensure the optimal safety of such products, it is equally important to be aware of their certifications. In the case of chainsaw chaps, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) is the main agency that enforces safety and health regulations. Referring to the products above, most of them meet the 1910-266 OSHA regulations that are focused on ”Construction” since chainsaws fall under such category.
Other certifications worth-considering are from the American National Standards Institute (ANSI), which oversees the creation, circulation, as well as the use of guidelines that impact sectors like construction equipment.
Perhaps, chainsaw pants reviews that indicate more certifications from such organizations and other prestigious agencies could be the best choice, considering the safety of such products as they meet or pass corresponding standards and requirements.
Main Reasons for Wearing Chaps
Obviously, having the best chain saw chaps offers optimal security and protection. When corking with chainsaws, there are high risks of slipping and striking your legs, and without the proper protective gear, such as chainsaw chaps, then you are in big trouble.
Keep in mind that ordinary jeans are not sufficient for protection, although you can wear a pair of jeans underneath a pair of chaps. Unlike jeans, chaps are constructed from cut-resistant materials; thereby, these high-grade materials prevent a moving chainsaw from cutting through it, avoiding cuts, bruises, and other injuries on your legs.
While not all chaps are cut-proof, there are several models that are still made of high-quality materials, preventing a moving chainsaw from reaching the operator’s legs during critical seconds. Thus, it provides ample time to react or move the chainsaw away, until it is completely shut off.
The same is true during instances like stumbling or tripping off over a chainsaw accidentally. Wearing the best chainsaw pants will keep your legs protected from getting hit by the chain. Remember that this protective gear is a wise investment, investing in safety and the overall health of the chainsaw operator at all times.
Job sites that involve chainsaws and other power tools always come with corresponding risks, including life-threatening injuries. Therefore, every chainsaw protective gear is crucial for all chainsaw operators, getting away from harm’s way.
More About Chainsaw Safety
- Protective Chaps/Pants – operating any kind of chainsaw comes with corresponding safety procedures. One of which is the use of protective chaps or pant, including jackets that are made of high-quality materials to prevent the chain from cutting the operator’s legs and arms. The above mentioned products are very reliable when it comes to ultimate protection and safety.
- Gloves – a pair of gloves is also essential throughout the same task. Wearing a suitable pair of gloves during gardening, forestry, logging, and related projects will keep your hands safe and protected from possible injuries. However, choosing the best material that will also allow for comfort is equally crucial. Among the reviewed products in this article, the Husqvarna 531300904 power kit is the only one that offers a pair of gloves ideal for chainsaw-related works.
- Facial Protective Gear – facial protective gears usually come alongside hearing protective measures. Using protective gears for the face and ears does not only offer safety but also comfort and convenience at the same time. Keep in mind that most job sites involve noises and other wearing these gears keep you protected from unfavorable environments.
- Helmet – for every chainsaw operator, investing in a working helmet is also a wise idea. Not only that the body is vulnerable to harsh environments, but also the head. Hence, a helmet is a great protection as some models are even equipped with hearing protection, while others have visors for added protection and comfort. Again, only the Husqvarna safety pants and power kit offers this accessory that comes in orange color for better identification.
- Boots – finally, a pair of boots is critical for people who are working with chainsaws. This protective gear is not limited to protection, but it means comfort, especially during long hours of work. Take note that there are different boots for various outdoor works, so, choosing one that is suitable for chainsaw-related tasks is important.
All in all, wearing the best chainsaw protective pants is essential for every chainsaw operator. Having such protective gear offers many benefits, including the protection from injuries and life-threatening accidents. Not wearing such protective gear is foolish, considering the power of a chainsaw that can cut through thick trees, so what more can it do to the human legs?
Since the use of chainsaws is extremely dangerous, investing in chainsaw safety pants or chaps is a very good idea for everyone who is into such task, whether it is a small project or a big one. The same is true for employers, keeping their employees protected from such mishaps on work sites as accident claims could become very stressful and expensive.
Overall, these protective gears are widely used by people in the logging industry, landscaping businesses, within the construction, and even by ordinary homeowners and landowners. Buying a pair of chainsaw chap pants is not a very expensive investment if you want to avoid the risks of injuries and accidents at job sites, or save your limb, to say the least.