How to Cook Tender Beef in Pressure Cooker
Cooking with a pressure cooker give so may advantages that you will not be able to leave it if you are using one of the best pressure cookers available in the market. It saves a lot of energy, time and makes sure a flavorful and tasty dish. Beef is a very healthy food.
There are very few people who avoid eating beef. If you love beef, then you should know how to cook it. If you like to cook the beef dish correctly, the pressure cooker is the best machine to use. It will make the cooking process a lot easier and also saves a lot of time. If you cook beef regularly, then it will take at least two to four hours. Cause beef does not become tender so quickly. So using a pressure cooker is the best way to cook beef.
Also, you will find some advantage if you use the pressure cooker to cook beef. First of all the pressure cooker preserves the flavors perfectly. It also preserves the nutritious and vitamins of the meal and ensures a healthy meal. To cook beef, generally a big pressure cooker is better. 6, 8 and 10-quart pressure cookers are perfect for cooking beef items. If you follow the following recipes correctly, then you will never have to think about how to cook tender beef.
Pressure cooker beef stew:
It is very easy to cook beef with the pressure cooker. A six or eight-quart pressure cooker will be perfect for this recipe. You can serve four to five people for dinner or launch.If you are looking for an easy recipe for how to cook tender beef, then this recipe is for you.
- Canola oil: one tablespoon.
- Rump roast: 1 and ½ IBS.
- Garlic: two cloves.
- Large onion: one.
- Carrots: four.
- Celery ribs: Cut into pieces or chunks.
- Potatoes: four.
- Salt: depend on your taste.
- Pepper: depend on your taste. Dried parsley: one to two tablespoons.
- Beef bouillon: two cubes.
Take to garlic, onion, carrots, and potatoes. Cut them into pieces. Now take the roast and cut into even sized pieces or chunks. It will be better if the roast chunks are one inch.
Put some oil in the pot of the pressure cooker. Heat the oil. When it becomes hot, put the meat into the oil. Let the meat sear properly. The meat will become brown. Now add the garlic. Stir it for half or one minute. Now add the sliced onions, potatoes, carrots, potatoes and beef bouillon. Also, add the other ingredients like celery, salt, pepper, water and parsley to the pressure cooker.
Now lock the cover of the pressure cooker. Deglaze the flame to get high pressure. Let the meal cook for 15 minutes. Having the best electric pressure cooker will make this step real easy for you.
Once the time is finished, remove the pressure cooker from the stove. Now the beef is ready. Check one chunk whether it’s rendered correctly or not. If the beef is not prepared to serve, then cook for extra two or three minutes.
Serve the beef stew with rice, bread, etc. Also, you can use tomatoes for the final touch. If you are using any of the available electric pressure cookers, then you have to change the recipe according to it. Follow this recipe to solve the mystery of how to cook tender beef.
Pressure cooking Beef Pot Roast and Gravy:
The classic recipe for beef is the pot roast with gravy. It is a very delicious and healthy meal. It is also very easy to cook and take a little time. This dish is enough to serve for almost six to eight people. The six or eight-quart pressure cookers are the ideal pressure cookers to cook this dish.
- Olive oil: two tablespoons.
- Chuck roast (boneless): three pounds. It should be trimmed.
- Beef stock: three cups (pressure cooked).
- Kosher salt: one teaspoon.
- Black pepper: one fourth of the teaspoon.
- Dry red wine: half cup.
- Thyme springs: four, they should be tied together with the twine.
- Garlic cloves: three, properly chopped.
- Parsnips: three, large. They should be properly peeled and cut into two inches.
- Carrots: three, large. They should be properly skinned and cut into two inches too.
- Turnips: one pound and should cut into eight pieces.
- Potatoes (Yukon Gold): one pound. They should be properly peeled and cut into two inches.
- Onion: one, large. Should cut into eight pieces.
- Flour: two tablespoons.
- Thyme springs: should be fresh.
Place the pressure cooker on a stove. Heat it to medium temperature. Now add some oil to the pot and let it become hot. Then let the swirl coat. Sprinkle the roast with salt and pepper. Make sure every side is evenly sprinkled. Now put the roast into the oil and let them sauté for five minutes. After five minutes, the roast will become brown. If you have the best electric pressure cooker then browning the meat will be real easy so choose wisely.
Add three cups of beef stock to the pressure cooker. Then add a half cup of white wine into it. Now carefully close the cover or the lid of the pressure cooker. Hit the flame high for getting high steam pressure. Once the high pressure achieved, and then reduces the flame into medium to get constant pressure. Let the beef cook for thirty-five minutes. Cooking the meat correctly is the answer to the question to how to cook tender beef.
Once the cook is finished, remove the pressure cooker from the stove. Now use the standard pressure release system so the steam can get out of the pot of the pressure cooker. Also, you can place the pressure cooker under the running water (cold) to reduce the steam pressure.
Open the cover of the pressure cooker. Add thyme, garlic, parsnip, carrots, turnips, potatoes and onions into the pot with the beef. Now put the lid back and place the pressure cooker on the stove again. Place the flame high to get high pressure. Cook it for one to one and half minutes.
Now put the flame off. Remove the cooker from the stove and again use the standard pressure release system or place the pressure cooker under running water (cold) to reduce the pressure. Remove the cover and let it be for five minutes to become cool. Now take the roast from the pot and slice it thinly. Take the vegetables from the pot and place them on the platter with the sliced beef roast. Resting the beef is essential to have a piece of tender beef, and you will not have worry about the question how to cook tender beef.
Take the cooking liquid. Strain it through a cloth and separate the solids from the fluid. Now put the liquids in a pan and place the pan on the stove. Cook the liquid until it becomes one to one and a half cup. Now take the liquid in a pot and add some flour (two tablespoons). Use a whisk to stir the mixer. Again take the liquid mixer into the pan and cook it for two minutes. The mixer will become thick. Put the mixer on the roast and vegetables.
Now the meal is ready. Serve before it become cool. You can use thyme springs to garnish the dish. If you want to try this recipe with an electric pressure cooker, then look at our electric pressure cooker reviews before you buy one.
Mongolian beef with pressure cooker:
Having the question in mind that how to cook tender beef for a group of guest, then this recipe is for you. . The recipe is very easy to cook.
- Flank steak: two pounds. Should be cut into strips (1/4″).
- Vegetable oil: one tablespoon.
- Garlic: four cloves. Should be minced or properly pressed.
- Soy sauce: half cup.
- Water: half cup.
- Brown sugar (dark): two third of a cup.
- Ginger: half tablespoon. They should be minced and fresh.
- Cornstarch: two tablespoons.
- Green onions: three. They should be sliced into pieces (one inch).
- Water: three table spoon.
Take the beef. Season them properly with the salt and the pepper. Now take some oil in the pot of the pressure cooker. Hit the flame into high or medium high. The oil will start to sizzle. Now start browning the beef into batches. Make sure that all the meat is browned properly. Once done, take the browned beef on a plate. Browned beef is a must to have a tender beef. So, do it perfectly and the question how to cook tender beef will never bother you again.
Now place your pressure cooker on the stove and hit the flame. Add garlic and the sauté and let them cook for one minute. Then add the soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger and half cup of water into the pot of the pressure cooker. Stir the ingredients so that they will mix properly.
Now add the browned beef to the mixer. Also, use can add any accumulated juice if you want. Close the lid of the pressure cooker. Now let the beef cook for twelve minutes at high pressure. After twelve minutes, remove the pressure cooker from the stove. You have to rest the beef to have the perfect tender beef, and this is the answer to the mystery of cooking a tender beef. Use the quick pressure release system to let the steam out of the pot. One the pressure is released; open the cover of the pressure cooker. Check the meat whether it is rendered properly or not.
Now take cornstarch and three tablespoons of water. Whisk properly until the mixer become thick. Now add the mixture to the pot and stir continuously. Select the simmer option and boil properly. The sauce will become thick. Put the green onions and stir.
So the meal is ready. Serve the beef dish with bread, rice, etc. it is a very healthy meal and full of flavors and nutritious. Have a look at our Pressure Cooker Reviews before you start this recipe to know more about your pressure cooker.
Smokey Beef Brisket by using the pressure cooker:
There is no mystery to cook tender beef; it is all about following the recipe correctly. The Smokey beef brisket is a very delicious dish. The Smokey flavor of the dish gives it an extra kick. It takes almost one hour to cook the dish and is enough to serve a normal family with five to six members. If you use a pressure cooker from ten quarts to eight quarts, then you will find the best result. If you use a smaller pressure cooker, then reduce the quantity of the meat approximately. So, having the best electric pressure cooker in your kitchen will change your cooking experience.
- Beef brisket: three IB.
- Celery salt: one fourth of the teaspoon.
- Meat tenderizer (seasoned): one teaspoon.
- Lowry’s salt (seasoned): one fourth of the teaspoon.
- Garlic salt: one-quarter of the teaspoon.
- Liquid smoke: two tablespoons.
- Worcester sauce: one tablespoon.
- Water: half cup.
- BBQ sauce.
Thinking about to cook tender beef? Then cut the down the beef into flat and properly erase the fat. It is a key to get a tender beef.
Mix the meat tenderizer, seasoned salt, garlic salt, and celery salt in a bowl. Rub the brisket with the mix spices. Now take a Ziploc bag and put the brisket into it. Add the liquid smoke and the Worcester sauce into the bag. Now seal and put it into the refrigerator. Marinate the beef brisket overnight.
Add water and the BBQ sauce, brisket and left juices from zipping log bag into the pot. Select the high pressure. Select the timer for up to sixty minutes.
Now turn off the pressure cooker and use natural release system to let the steam out. Once the pressure becomes normal, remove the cover of the pressure cooker.
So the beef is ready. Cut the meat into slices and add the cooking liquid and BBQ sauce on the meat.
Things to remember during cooking beef in the pressure cooker:
Following steps are very much necessary to follow, and all these will help to answer the question of how to cook tender beef. So read sincerely.
- Always careful while slicing the meat. If you want to cook stew, then try to avoid the lean or the pricier cuts. Pick the tougher cuts. If you cook stew from lean beef meat, then there is always a chance that the meat becomes chewy. Tougher or chunk meat become very good tender.
- If you want to serve lean meat, and then slice the tougher cuts once they are cooked and tendered properly.
- Never add raw meat to the stew. They will never become tender.
- During Browning, always make sure that every side of the meat is browned properly. In the case of using an electric pressure cooker choose the right mode.
- Vegetables take a much less time to cook than beef. So do not add the vegetables quickly. There is a possibility that he vegetables will over cooked and become mushy.
- Do not make rush during cooking. If you try to cook faster then, it will lead the beef meat too tough and too chewy. Attempt to set the flame to medium range for tender meat.
- Make sure that the lid or cover of the pressure cooker closed properly during cooking.
- Do not hurry while releasing the pressure. There is always a chance of an accident.
- Six and eight-quart pressure cookers are best to cook beef items.