Installing a wire wheel on your angle grinder is a quick and easy way to get rid of rust or paint on metal surfaces.
- Before you begin, make sure that your angle grinder is unplugged and the disc is properly secured
- Next, locate the wire wheel brush that will fit your angle grinder
- Once you have found the correct size, take off the protective cover on the front of the angle grinder
- Then, using the wrench that came with your angle grinder, loosen but do not remove the inner flange nut
- With the flange nut still loose, align the wire wheel with the hole in the middle of the disc and slide it on until it is snug against the inside of the disc guard
- Tighten down the inner flange nut with your wrench untilitis evenly secure against the disc guard and wire wheel brush
- (Do not overtighten – this could damage the angle grinder)
Q: What is the Best Way to Install a Wire Wheel on an Angle Grinder
There are a few different ways that you can install a wire wheel onto an angle grinder, but the best way is to use a flange nut. First, you’ll need to remove the old wheel from the angle grinder. To do this, simply loosen the two screws that hold it in place.
Next, take your new wheel and align it with the holes on the flange nut. Once it’s aligned, put the screws back in and tighten them until the wheel is secure. And that’s it!
You’ve now successfully installed your new wire wheel onto your angle grinder.